Like Tree223Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Meanwhile in Canada most provinces have announced back to school from next week:

https://youtu.be/nM5WvTZQS1I?t=227

Vaughn.T and Coolboy like this.

My children got vaccinated last Tuesday with a 1/3rd of a adult dose of the Pfizer Vax. All children aged between the ages of 5 and 11 are mandated to be vaccinated before they return back to school early February 2022.

So, I'm assuming Hong Kong is going to follow suit, before Omicron runs rampant like it has here in Qld over such a short period of time since we opened our state and international borders on the 15th of December, 2021.

Absolutely incredible how rapid Omicron has spread it really is next level.

Last edited by Skyhook; 13-01-2022 at 06:05 AM.
    chuckster007 and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    My children got vaccinated last Tuesday with a 1/3rd of a adult dose of the Pfizer Vax. All children aged between the ages of 5 and 11 are mandated to be vaccinated before they return back to school early February 2022.

So, I'm assuming Hong Kong is going to follow suit, before Omicron runs rampant like it has here in Qld over such a short period of time since we opened our state and international borders on the 15th of December, 2021.

Absolutely incredible how rapid Omicron has spread it really is next level.
    I think even the kids are vaccinated, schools will still be shut down. No correlation between getting vaccinated and getting school operational.

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    I think even the kids are vaccinated, schools will still be shut down. No correlation between getting vaccinated and getting school operational.
    This. I think a big part of the rabid vaccine mandate crew is a belief that vaccines will bring back normal. They won't. Not anywhere actually, but least of all here.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't vaccinate, it just means normal is gone or at least there is a price to pay for it.

Especially here.

Well, in Hong Kong's case, it is what it is and I don't blame them for being overly cautious. As I said, once Omicron gets a foothold in Hong Kong, you'll have 100,000+ cases within 2 weeks, like Sydney has almost achieved. So, everybody getting vaxxed in theory is meant to take the weight off the public hospital system, but I am not so confident that would be the net outcome in Hong Kong. There is a fair percentage of Hong Kongers that tend to go to Hospital for pretty petty issues at the best of times, I'd imagine they will totally swamp the hospital system when they contract Omicron.

Hectic times ahead.
    ramelec likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Well, in Hong Kong's case, it is what it is and I don't blame them for being overly cautious. As I said, once Omicron gets a foothold in Hong Kong, you'll have 100,000+ cases within 2 weeks, like Sydney has almost achieved. So, everybody getting vaxxed in theory is meant to take the weight off the public hospital system, but I am not so confident that would be the net outcome in Hong Kong. There is a fair percentage of Hong Kongers that tend to go to Hospital for pretty petty issues at the best of times, I'd imagine they will totally swamp the hospital system when they contract Omicron.

Hectic times ahead.
    Don't forget that every day people who got vaccinated starting last March and April are now due a third jab.

And everyone who has been getting Sinovac has barely got any protection at all Omicron. (But thank God they reduced their miniscule chances of having some side effects to the vaccine).
    Flapster, Skyhook, hike and 2 others like this.

Secondary schools are open with rationale that they can be vaccinated so…
    Vaughn.T likes this.

Then how to get them operational ?

Research Paper on Pfizer Vaccine for 5-11 year olds…

https://www.nejm.org/doi/suppl/10.10...ch-summary.pdf

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast