Like Tree223Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Secondary schools are open with rationale that they can be vaccinated so…
    It just a matter of time, secondary school will eventually closed even the students are vaccinated.
    Your forgot last time secondary students are having full Zoom...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Well, in Hong Kong's case, it is what it is and I don't blame them for being overly cautious. As I said, once Omicron gets a foothold in Hong Kong, you'll have 100,000+ cases within 2 weeks, like Sydney has almost achieved. So, everybody getting vaxxed in theory is meant to take the weight off the public hospital system, but I am not so confident that would be the net outcome in Hong Kong. There is a fair percentage of Hong Kongers that tend to go to Hospital for pretty petty issues at the best of times, I'd imagine they will totally swamp the hospital system when they contract Omicron.

Hectic times ahead.
    I DO blame them as should everyone. Anything that is 'overly' is clearly a stupid policy when you multiply the affects across the entire population.

If HK idiots rock up to the hospital with minor complaints tell them to fuck off back home.

Next.
    statman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

If HK idiots rock up to the hospital with minor complaints tell them to fuck off back home.

Next.
    Yeah, that's what they do here for minor ailments. Triage will tell you to go visit your local GP and all elective surgery has been suspended until further notice. This is what Hong Kong, needs to do also or it just won't cope with the legit patients that actually require hospitalisation.
    ramelec, Sage and angeluscomplex like this.

Well, in Hong Kong's case, it is what it is and I don't blame them for being overly cautious. As I said, once Omicron gets a foothold in Hong Kong, you'll have 100,000+ cases within 2 weeks, like Sydney has almost achieved. So, everybody getting vaxxed in theory is meant to take the weight off the public hospital system, but I am not so confident that would be the net outcome in Hong Kong. There is a fair percentage of Hong Kongers that tend to go to Hospital for pretty petty issues at the best of times, I'd imagine they will totally swamp the hospital system when they contract Omicron.

Hectic times ahead.
    I have seen people go to the hospital over a papercut lol

One other key point to take note is sinovac. Sinovac is used across China and HK (from what ive seen ~30% of vax is sinovac). If outbreak happens, it acts as double "face" loss. Fail to keep virus out and the fact that sinovac is useless.
    Skyhook likes this.

Yeah, that's what they do here for minor ailments. Triage will tell you to go visit your local GP and all elective surgery has been suspended until further notice. This is what Hong Kong, needs to do also or it just won't cope with the legit patients that actually require hospitalisation.
    Public hospitals is a lot cheaper (or totally free in some cases) than private hospitals or clinics, that is why many HK people go to the public ones even for minor issues. The real way to solve this is for the government to subsidize people going to see private doctors/hospitals/clinics, to take the burden off public hospitals. Given them some voucher or something similar. Expensive for the government? Yes, but the priority right now is to free up public hospital beds for the omicron cases, right? The government should bite the bullet and subsidize people who otherwise could not afford to see private doctors to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Public hospitals is a lot cheaper (or totally free in some cases) than private hospitals or clinics, that is why many HK people go to the public ones even for minor issues. The real way to solve this is for the government to subsidize people going to see private doctors/hospitals/clinics, to take the burden off public hospitals. Given them some voucher or something similar. Expensive for the government? Yes, but the priority right now is to free up public hospital beds for the omicron cases, right? The government should bite the bullet and subsidize people who otherwise could not afford to see private doctors to do so.
    A good point, but it’s not the main issue, the main issue is local culture and their rampant fear of any tiny ailment or, as Dyu mentions tiny incidents.

Add to this stuff like people going to hospital to claim injury for some legal claim and doctors being so self interested and not telling the full truth in their reports “ the patient appears to be faking injury”

Chinese culture yet again.
    Vaughn.T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    A good point, but it’s not the main issue, the main issue is local culture and their rampant fear of any tiny ailment or, as Dyu mentions tiny incidents.

Add to this stuff like people going to hospital to claim injury for some legal claim and doctors being so self interested and not telling the full truth in their reports “ the patient appears to be faking injury”

Chinese culture yet again.
    Its more a HK characteristic than Chinese Culture. Its about HK history. Remember HK has the experience with SARS back in 2003. And also in the past, HK lacked any kind of social welfare mechanism, meaning there was this chronic insecurity about what future will bring. Once you get laid off, you essentially were on your own to survive. This all contributes to a sense of constant unease that one has to be constantly on their toes about unknown dangers. Its more about historical legacy than culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    The real way to solve this is for the government to subsidize people going to see private doctors/hospitals/clinics, to take the burden off public hospitals. Given them some voucher or something similar. Expensive for the government? .
    We call that, 'Medicare' over here in Australia, which keeps minor non emergency medical issues out of the public hospital system. General practitioners employed at ones neighbourhood medical clinic, which all bulk bill the government treat you free of charge providing you are a permanent resident/citizen issued with a Medicare card.

That's why we pay income tax, so these civilised services are maintained for the benefit of the overall community.
    hullexile and Baklava like this.

That's why we pay income tax, so these civilised services are maintained for the benefit of the overall community.
    Well, clearly that currently doesn't apply to HK. And I can already imagine what the HK government will say: "we don't need more welfare for lazy HK people".

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast