Like Tree225Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    787

    fuuuuck. Sympathy going out to fellow parents.

    Baklava and fruitsalad like this.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    234

    In terms of the school closures, as a parent of 2 primary school aged kids, I am bittersweet about this.

    From a negative side, I am gutted that my kids will need to revert to distance learning again as they absolutely hated it last time and have been so happy at being back in school, but from a positive side, at least now my fears of them being a close contact of a positive case in their class and whisked off to PB will now subside and I can sleep more easily. I now hope that either the government clearly articulates the plan to return to normality by end of February or that Omicron now burns through HK like wildfire and gives them no choice. Sorry if that seems extreme but I'm not able to see better alternatives than that right now, other than leave the city I love.

    shri, Mary 2, ramelec and 9 others like this.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    42,357

    Next up .. WFH plans being circulated in some large companies.

    tura likes this.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    In terms of the school closures, as a parent of 2 primary school aged kids, I am bittersweet about this.

    From a negative side, I am gutted that my kids will need to revert to distance learning again as they absolutely hated it last time and have been so happy at being back in school, but from a positive side, at least now my fears of them being a close contact of a positive case in their class and whisked off to PB will now subside and I can sleep more easily. I now hope that either the government clearly articulates the plan to return to normality by end of February or that Omicron now burns through HK like wildfire and gives them no choice. Sorry if that seems extreme but I'm not able to see better alternatives than that right now, other than leave the city I love.
    Easier and faster to plan to leave
    Coolboy, Beuze, Hkemail888 and 5 others like this.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    7,245
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Next up .. WFH plans being circulated in some large companies.
    I already asked my HSE guy and that useless guy said "We will only start WFH if the civil servants WFH" gets paid the big bucks to let the govt decide lol
    Last edited by chuckster007; 11-01-2022 at 12:42 PM.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    1,711

    Follow the govie, you'll never be blamed

    Just like buying IBM


  7. #27

    Mission accomplished.

    Closing schools is deflecting attention on Spanish party.

    If one really wanted to protect kids, then how about saying all those who were at the party but kept silent better come forward because you will be tracked down eventually. Those are the chains of possilbe covid transmissions that have to be found.


  8. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    No one the F care about the Beijing Olympics and the atheletes won't be getting out HK when they can fly direct.
    chinese pride does.... does HK actually have athlete there lol
    Coolboy likes this.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    In terms of the school closures, as a parent of 2 primary school aged kids, I am bittersweet about this.

    From a negative side, I am gutted that my kids will need to revert to distance learning again as they absolutely hated it last time and have been so happy at being back in school, but from a positive side, at least now my fears of them being a close contact of a positive case in their class and whisked off to PB will now subside and I can sleep more easily. I now hope that either the government clearly articulates the plan to return to normality by end of February or that Omicron now burns through HK like wildfire and gives them no choice. Sorry if that seems extreme but I'm not able to see better alternatives than that right now, other than leave the city I love.
    Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

    I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

    I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.
    Couldn't agree more. 10 days in PB versus months of zoom classes at home. Not even close. Never mind statistically your chances of being in a class that gets dragged off are virtually zero given there are (back of an envelope calculation) 1,700,000 million children in school so 30-50,000 CLASSES so the odds of your little angel being in the group that gets carted away as a close contact before the entire quarantine system is completely overbooked with actual cases is sweet F-all (realistically).

    The people of this city have completely lost all ability to asses risk and probability in the last two years.

Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast