Like Tree225Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    7,245

    so these guy got their wishes lol

    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0


  2. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Great, I have a project deadline coming up at work, this REALLY is not a good time for me...
    Good luck. Perhaps a bit less posting on GeoExpat will free up some time.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    7,245
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    Good luck. Perhaps a bit less posting on GeoExpat will free up some time.
    OMG lol
    shri, Shiojiri Hiro and hike like this.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tai Po
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:

    The people of this city have completely lost all ability to asses risk and probability in the last two years.
    Yup!

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

    I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.
    Think you're being slightly harsh. We know nothing about their children, their ages, any needs issues they might have, their diets etc. The government shows no compassion in that respect. They'd cart of groups of kids with profound ASD if that was the box needing ticked. You're also being a bit disingenuous RE the 14 day thing. Didn't that literally change yesterday? HK have done nothing to suggest they won't ramp it right back up to 21 when they secure capacity.

    I'm not saying I support the school closures, I don't. But I emphasize with parents who fear quarantine for their children. One of mine particular would not deal well with it at all and I'd fear for their mental health.
    Mrs. Jones, statman and rkenia852 like this.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    Good luck. Perhaps a bit less posting on GeoExpat will free up some time.
    Niiiiiice!

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    Good luck. Perhaps a bit less posting on GeoExpat will free up some time.
    Perhaps a bit less trolling will free your time up. But no. I will post more now on geoexpat just because of you. I like it when you entertain me. But don't stop, go on,

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    I'm not saying I support the school closures, I don't. But I emphasize with parents who fear quarantine for their children. One of mine particular would not deal well with it at all and I'd fear for their mental health.
    And you think kids at home is a piece of cake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Niiiiiice!
    Nice what? I like it here. Take my mind off stress. You clearly have no idea what parents have to deal with when they have kids at home when they should have been at school.
    Last edited by shri; 11-01-2022 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Think you're being slightly harsh. We know nothing about their children, their ages, any needs issues they might have, their diets etc. The government shows no compassion in that respect. They'd cart of groups of kids with profound ASD if that was the box needing ticked. You're also being a bit disingenuous RE the 14 day thing. Didn't that literally change yesterday? HK have done nothing to suggest they won't ramp it right back up to 21 when they secure capacity.

    I'm not saying I support the school closures, I don't. But I emphasize with parents who fear quarantine for their children. One of mine particular would not deal well with it at all and I'd fear for their mental health.
    Well now 100% of primary and kindy kids mental health is going to be screwed up by no school and remote learning. The increase in depression, anxiety, and child abuse during school closures are a much higher number than those who’ve been sent to PB also.

    The change to 14 days was inevitable because PB is full, in fact I feel more confident keeping schools open by the day because if omicron rages we’ll have home quarantine soon enough.
    Coolboy, Vaughn.T and Baklava like this.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

    I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.
    Im more scared of quarantine/jail time than the actual (and eventual) covid infection. Maybe Im weird.
    Mrs. Jones, statman and Vaughn.T like this.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Im more scared of quarantine/jail time than the actual (and eventual) covid infection. Maybe Im weird.
    I feel the same but can do math and recognize the chance of being a close contact is very low. There have been 49,000 people quarantined for close contact out of 7 million.

    https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/qua..._centre_en.pdf

Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast