Like Tree223Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Reply
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I feel the same but can do math and recognize the chance of being a close contact is very low. There have been 49,000 people quarantined for close contact out of 7 million.

    https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/qua..._centre_en.pdf
    Theres a even lower chance of actually catching the virus. But my point is, I dont want to be thrown in jail and stripped of whatever little human rights we have left.

    I hate the gov more than I hate the virus lol
    tf19 and Sage like this.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I feel the same but can do math and recognize the chance of being a close contact is very low. There have been 49,000 people quarantined for close contact out of 7 million.

    https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/qua..._centre_en.pdf
    this compares well with the statistic of those sent to PB after the party even if many of them were released

    Either way the sentiment of wishing to avoid a 21 or now 14 day stint remains, albeit it may not necessarily be PB a close contact is sent to. Why don’t they take the mothballs off the Sai Kung one. 2 years now a massive park has been shut because of a ghost facility.

    4 days was enough.14 in PB. I would go bat shit and I’m made of strong stuff from a QT viewpoint

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Couldn't agree more. 10 days in PB versus months of zoom classes at home. Not even close. Never mind statistically your chances of being in a class that gets dragged off are virtually zero given there are (back of an envelope calculation) 1,700,000 million children in school so 30-50,000 CLASSES so the odds of your little angel being in the group that gets carted away as a close contact before the entire quarantine system is completely overbooked with actual cases is sweet F-all (realistically).

    The people of this city have completely lost all ability to asses risk and probability in the last two years.
    The odds of being in a class that gets sent to quarantine may be extremely low RIGHT NOW but once Omicron gets out in the wild and spreads, which looks increasingly likely, then all bets are off......
    qhank likes this.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    this compares well with the statistic of those sent to PB after the party even if many of them were released

    Either way the sentiment of wishing to avoid a 21 or now 14 day stint remains, albeit it may not necessarily be PB a close contact is sent to. Why don’t they take the mothballs off the Sai Kung one. 2 years now a massive park has been shut because of a ghost facility.

    4 days was enough.14 in PB. I would go bat shit and I’m made of strong stuff from a QT viewpoint
    The capacity limit is not only space it’s staff. We are basically at maximum now and HK isn’t getting more people.
    Sage likes this.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,017
    Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    The odds of being in a class that gets sent to quarantine may be extremely low RIGHT NOW but once Omicron gets out in the wild and spreads, which looks increasingly likely, then all bets are off......
    If it spreads they are not going to have 10,000 people in quarantine camps. That is well beyond the logistical reality. They’ll either have to cut the days spent there or cut the number of people they send.

    Anyway what I am sure of is my kids have no school, no activities, no playground for the next 3 weeks minimum.
    Coolboy, shri, Plutark and 1 others like this.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    The odds of being in a class that gets sent to quarantine may be extremely low RIGHT NOW but once Omicron gets out in the wild and spreads, which looks increasingly likely, then all bets are off......
    As I said in my comment that you quoted but may not have read - when all bets are off (ie the actual risk your class or child is infected is in the realms of possibility) then the quarantine facilities will be full and they wont be able to cart of 100's or 1000's of people every day into quarantine. There is already loads of talk of them not coping now and the first reduction in quarantine time has come through and this is with 5 cases a day.
    merchantms and Sage like this.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,812

    ive been touching everything and then touching my face, biting finger nails, picking my nose, still havent caught it yet FFS Im looking forward to a month or so in Hospital + QT center. Been scanning LHS everywhere, still not yet close contact whisked away FFS.

    MABinPengChau likes this.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,036

    Does HK vaccinate 5-11 year olds? Some parts of Australia are now considering a delayed start to the school year after summer holidays, from Jan 24th to February 7th, because jabbing 5-11 year olds only started yesterday and there is a mad rush to jab every kid 5-11 in the next few weeks before the year starts, and given we are in peak Omicron environment with 100,000 cases/day, it might be wise to delay the school year a bit.


  9. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    ive been touching everything and then touching my face, biting finger nails, picking my nose, still havent caught it yet FFS Im looking forward to a month or so in Hospital + QT center. Been scanning LHS everywhere, still not yet close contact whisked away FFS.
    Maybe because people are distancing themselves from you when you are manspreading on the minibus lol
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    731

    let omicron spread
    half the population gets it covid
    we all WFH and online learning
    no more travel restrictions and gets back to normal

    rathunt, D.YU, statman and 1 others like this.

Reply
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast