Like Tree516Likes

Hong Kong: Delta from Hamsters

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

First, they came for the hamsters, but I was not a hamster and so did not speak up.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist and so did not speak up.
    Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew and did not speak up.
    Finally, they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.
    (borrowed from Martin Niem​öller)

All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men and women to do nothing.
    aw451 and HK_Katherine like this.

those people did something but then NSL came

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men and women to do nothing.

What seemed like something kind of funny has turned into something very sad, and a dangerous precedence for all pets.

Perhaps we could be understanding if it were a novel, deadly, unknown virus. But it's been known for two years and we've developed vaccines and largely know it's "threat" to humans. This reaction to cull is totally, unacceptably disproportionate.

I know it's "just" hamsters, but I'm really quite upset at this tonight.

Perhaps I should address my unvaccinated hairdresser as hamster-killer.

Sage, Coolboy, hullexile and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What seemed like something kind of funny has turned into something very sad, and a dangerous precedence for all pets.

Perhaps we could be understanding if it were a novel, deadly, unknown virus. But it's been known for two years and we've developed vaccines and largely know it's "threat" to humans. This reaction to cull is totally, unacceptably disproportionate.

When the absurd becomes reality, well the only reaction is to...have a drink.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Coming to a cinema near you soon….. Hamstergeddon!

Kaosommadawn and hongkong7 like this.

soon to be Rabbitgeddon -> Catgeddon -> doggeddon -> Humanged... oh wait I meant Armaged. ... ops let’s rewind that

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Coming to a cinema near you soon….. Hamstergeddon!
    ArrynField and MABinPengChau like this.

It's all fun and games until...
    someone kills all hamsters...
    Baklava and HK_Katherine like this.

Very much agree. They are living animals and seriously cute ones. I am not a vegetarian and content to see millions of animals die for food, but this is just a pointless and stupid slaughter.

The bigger picture is that each stupid decision gets more and more irrational and these are the people (Beijing and Hong Kong) running the economy and society. It worries me even more than when Trump had his finger on the nuclear button because there are no constraints on them. So yes hamsters today, what or who tomorrow.
    Elegiaque, hongkong7, rs4 and 10 others like this.

But, seriously, I bodes ill for anyone with pets who tests positive. Those pets may now be subject to a euthanasia order from AFCD rather than quarantine until a negative test.

It's just so completely surreal...I mean, you had to listen to the press conference to believe it...

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast