Like Tree168Likes

Yat Kwai House - What happens when there's no more QT spaces...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Yat Kwai House - What happens when there's no more QT spaces...

https://twitter.com/b3108/status/1484194606023872513

https://twitter.com/b3108/status/1484194610650189824

But naturally there's enough space in QT for the non-resident cleaning contractors who will be whisked off to a quarantine centre.
    https://twitter.com/b3108/status/1484202120006221826
    AsianXpat0 and Coolboy like this.

China style district lowdowns!

MABinPengChau, Mary 2 and Coolboy like this.

So home quarantine without an official order because they can neither support it nor haul them off to camps anymore. Feels like the “want to expose unsustainable policy” camp are getting their first glimpses of victory here.

The government ought to cull the public housing peasants.

We cull hamsters and ban small mammal imports, but do nothing about these infected plebs.
    One realises you’re joking, but I suspect not a few in the ruling classes may regret only being able to think that way. While you shouldn’t give the rest ideas...
    Coolboy likes this.

I just walked by that estate last weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    So home quarantine without an official order because they can neither support it nor haul them off to camps anymore. Feels like the “want to expose unsustainable policy” camp are getting their first glimpses of victory here.

One realises you’re joking, but I suspect not a few in the ruling classes may regret only being able to think that way. While you shouldn’t give the rest ideas...
    Time for "The Purge, Hong Kong".

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Indeed, but it’s not the first sign, we’re already at the 3rd concession.

I smell blood in the water and we’re still at tiny infection numbers.

Great to see the system starting to pull itself apart at the seams.

Coworker lives there- we have a bedroom and shower in our office, told her she should move in there...seriously, because otherwise she will be stuck with so much hassle and potential actual illness...lives with her family, that's 5 lucky chances to get sent to Penny's Bay (or a tent on a mountainside, it's coming to that...).

hullexile, HK_Katherine and Eva C like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Coworker lives there- we have a bedroom and shower in our office, told her she should move in there...seriously, because otherwise she will be stuck with so much hassle and potential actual illness...lives with her family, that's 5 lucky chances to get sent to Penny's Bay (or a tent on a mountainside, it's coming to that...).
    Too late, she has to do like 7 tests or such, she's going to work from home (which will suck as her little brother and sister are school from home, sounds like an utter nightmare for her).

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

Mentally I’m not quite okay with “let it rip” yet, what with the ranks of the unvaccinated elderly (who are frustrating everyone who want to implement good policy), but I do count myself as in the camp of exposing unsustainable measures, especially those creating unnecessary fears, so am relatively pleased.

Too bad they have no forward planning so I dread to see what happens next with respect to measures and/or casualties.
    Sage, AliT, Baklava and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

Note the time and date. We actually agree on something.

They’re clearly running around flip flopping in a mad frenzy of knee jerk exceeding even previous efforts so hell bent are they on opening the border and following the master’s zero Covid. They are so obviously making this up as they go along and the hamster threat has no current legal basis.

What I think is finally dawning on them is that despite two years to get this right they don’t have the infrastructure that aligns with their policies. It is now undeniable that Omi and some Delta is here, however much they want to dress it up as imported snd under control. They could have so easily done home QT for asymptomatic and contact cases right from the start. Now we have the current shit show.

Sadly in the short term that is going to lead to some even more ridiculous measures (as well as some policy concession on length of QT and ability to do it at home.

I may be wide of the mark but I predict two things within the next 2-3 weeks.

1) an international flight ban for everything except Cargo for 2-3 weeks (effectively, based on recent arrival numbers we are not that far off it, except that it will grow again as airline bans expire until they kick in again one or two days after resumption)

2) Beijing realising that HK can neither shut down China style nor has Covid under control firmly shuts the cross border door for the immediate future.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast