Like Tree80Likes

Primary Students Full Day School

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

my mind is fuzzy. may be june 2021 was half day, BUT DEFINITELY FULL DAY IN SEPT 2021.

YES, local schools have the strictest social distancing but they are crammed like sardine whereas traditional international schools have loads of space (not the ones crammed into shopping malls).

It is indeed unfair. I think there will be a mass move from local school to any international school that opens full day.

kittykaitak and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Look I would be more than happy if that is the case but it’s not what our school said.

Here the email we received:

Dear parents,

I am writing to update you regarding the most recent Education Bureau guidance for schools received today (Tuesday 25th January). While we are still uncertain if schools will be allowed to reopen from the 7th February 2022, we have been given news today that only schools achieving rates of vaccination over 70% for both staff and students will be able to open for full day face to face lessons when schools resume. Schools who fall below this threshold will only be allowed to open for half days until the rate of vaccination meets the EDB requirements for full day attendance.

I have been in contact with the EDB again today seeking further clarity on a proposed date for the resumption of schools following CNY and will share further details as they become available.

Currently over 80% of our students aged between 12 and 17 years are now fully vaccinated, and the Government recently released information regarding vaccination requirements for children aged between 5 and 12 years. To support a full return to face-to-face lessons, all schools (including International Schools) are now allowed to support the government in its vaccination programme, enabling children aged between 5 and 12 years to receive a Covid-19 vaccine as a coordinated group booking either on-campus or via a Community Vaccination Centre.
    Your children’s school is not telling you the truth.
    dinosaurs88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    I can tell you that since May /June 2021 the following international schools have been FULL DAY up to about two weeks ago.

CIS
    Harrow
    GSIS
    FIS
    Singapore International school
    ISF
    ESF

Because I have family friends whose kids go there, and they all have full day and lunch.
    Looks like Sithers chose the wrong international school
    Sith and calmathetic9 like this.

There is international school and there is "international" slapped onto a school and $$$$$$$$$$ added on.

calmathetic9 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Sith, ask your school on what grounds did EDB reject your child's school for full day resumption of classes. It's not fair that you are paying full fee but under the impression that your school's situation is for all international schools, which is NOT THE CASE. What criteria did your school not meet ?

It is good to see the practice and messaging is clear. Piss up in a brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    I can tell you that since May /June 2021 the following international schools have been FULL DAY up to about two weeks ago.

CIS
    Harrow
    GSIS
    FIS
    Singapore International school
    ISF
    ESF

Because I have family friends whose kids go there, and they all have full day and lunch.
    Correct. My kids are in ESF and were full day until 2 weeks ago.

Schools that don’t have designated canteen for the lunch break, like my younger kid’s ESF school, cannot do full time. I think this applies to both local and international schools. The difference, maybe, is that International schools have more autonomy in adjusting the hours in a way to minimize the problem (reducing break times, “stealing “ 5 minutes from every class to make time for every subject...).

My son has been doing reduced school time for quite a while, since August if I remember correctly (only until 2pm with two short snack breaks, the second one being unofficially lunch)

Some private or semi private local schools have a decent amount of space and proper canteens. They never resumed full day class... Something doesn't add up here. Or they don't want to push with EDB for full day teaching or international schools receive special treatment...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7