Like Tree167Likes

27th Jan - 5:30pm Carrie Lam Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Any mention of Partygate or do they assume we’ve forgotten or are focussed elsewhere?

Kaosommadawn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Any mention of Partygate or do they assume we’ve forgotten or are focussed elsewhere?
    I don't think they care whether people have forgotten or not.
    Kaosommadawn likes this.

Sure wish this quarantine change were effective immediately. We’re currently scheduled to arrive 7 days before the change, meaning if we’d arrived 7 days later we’d still get out on exactly the same day. Unfortunately, this is our 4th flight booking and changing everything - flights, QT hotel, etc. - might just be too much at this point.

Original Post Deleted
    Proving she is not a robot for all to see...

lockdown till 25th, my wife's job fucked again. Oh yeah I forgot money grows in trees in HK!

Vaughn.T and Yangster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sceeerutinizer:
    Sure wish this quarantine change were effective immediately. We’re currently scheduled to arrive 7 days before the change, meaning if we’d arrived 7 days later we’d still get out on exactly the same day. Unfortunately, this is our 4th flight booking and changing everything - flights, QT hotel, etc. - might just be too much at this point.
    I’m seeing rumours now that the February 5th start date means that those who reach 14 days on or thereafter would be done QT. My initial read was that it was 14 days for those starting on the 5th or thereafter. Does anyone know which is the case? Have they published any policy documents yet?

Well I'm for one am very happy for this, have still not done my first quarantine but looking at booking for the summer. Question is if one can trust that they wont flip-flop back to 21 days. I book 14 and then I'm screwed when I can't secure 7 more nights..

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    There were questions, Carrie said she will not respond to rumors (question was if Tsui would be replaced...). Then someone asked when investigation will be completed, I think was just ignored or some vague BS answer. And she's been TOO BUSY with the pandemic to even think about elections, for heaven's sake...

posted in sky news.. well thats a bloody long wait for HK to re-open.

34m ago -19:59 :
    Hong Kong cuts quarantine for arrivals to 14 days as city becomes isolated from rest of world
    Hong Kong is set to cut quarantine for travellers arriving from 21 days down to 14, starting from 5 February, leader Carrie Lam has announced.

Strict COVID rules have made Hong Kong one of the world's most isolated cities, with flights down as much as 90% and the economy left badly affected.

During the pandemic, residents who returned from more than 160 countries were required to quarantine for 21 days in designated hotels, but they will now have to spend 14 days in a hotel.

After quarantining, they will then have seven days of self-monitoring, with further details to be announced.

Ms Lam did not say which countries would be covered by the new rules.

She said: "It is not because of pressure from anybody. It's just because of science...that Omicron has a relatively short incubation period."

Yesterday we reported that the European Chamber of Commerce had suggested in a draft report that Hong Kong may not reopen until China rolls out its mRNA vaccine across its 1.4 billion population, which could take until late 2023 or early 2024.

As the European chamber say, very hard to see China opening the border until they have developed MRNA vaccines (9 months?) and then delivered 2 or 3 doses (5 billion jabs!). That's definitely taking us well into 2023. In the meantime if you were SZ or GD why would you open up to HK and risk getting flamed by the boss?

I think HK will go back to 7 days QT from abroad by the summer and keep it there. Maybe even at home. Gonna need to do something while Mainland normalisation will run on its own timeline.

Mrs. Jones, aw451 and Vaughn.T like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast