Like Tree8Likes

Travel to India via Singapore and HK Vaccine Cert

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thanks for that tip. Will research.
    Shri,
    There is a work around.
    Apply for a Swiss EU covid cert costs around 30 euros.
    All I needed was a hotel booking for one night (I used hotels.com pay at check in but cancelled an hour later)
    PDF of your HK vacc cert

Then a couple of hours later I got the EU cert and used that to put in my wallet, screenshot and then applied for the Singapore VTP

https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign
    fullmetaljacket and shri like this.

The Swiss cert option does look like a possible solution.

Going to have to spend the weekend trying to make futile plans!

Following. Might have to use the SG route on the way back to HK in a few week's time. Doesn't look like HK will lift the travel ban anytime soon.

I am currently in the Phuket sandbox waiting to get back. Singapore was plan R but then moved to plan S with all the changes.

You should get the Swiss pass within a few hours if you apply during their work hours.
    The VTP for Singapore will be almost instant but if you are booking for 2 people, make sure you log out or use a different platform as I did mine on my laptop and did my wifes via the phone and you know it will work as you should get the VTP within seconds of clicking submit.
    No need for hotel booking, insurance or flights to get your VTP, you just need to make sure its a recognized hotel for test and release and its post code.

shri and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket:
    Following. Might have to use the SG route on the way back to HK in a few week's time. Doesn't look like HK will lift the travel ban anytime soon.
    I need to get to Ahmedabad and since SQ has a direct flight, that looks like the best option to me. I have flown that route a few times over the last few years. Would rather avoid Air India / Vistara / New Delhi transit.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I need to get to Ahmedabad and since SQ has a direct flight, that looks like the best option to me. I have flown that route a few times over the last few years. Would rather avoid Air India / Vistara / New Delhi transit.
    Booked with Qatar Airways (HK-Doha-Del) for next week. Doha is on the banned list (for incoming flights to HK) but the airline might have flights coming in from other locations to HK. The booking is still confirmed by the airline. Checking with them if I need to make any alternate arrangements.

For return, hoping that HK lifts the ban in next 6/7 weeks so I can come back directly. If not, might have to do a washout somewhere (SG could be an option).

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I am currently in the Phuket sandbox waiting to get back.
    Best place to do washout. I wouldnt mind spending 22 days in Phuket.