Like Tree170Likes

February HK Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

February HK Covid News

Today:

- Govt goes into WFH mode if you've not been following the news
    - HK01 reports that 200+ cases to be reported in today's update
    - We might see a cluster in the Stanley prison and in Clearwater Bay ..

[08:13] According to the news, as of 11:00 p.m. yesterday, a total of 207 new confirmed cases were reported in Hong Kong.

https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...%81%9E/731682/
    chuckster007 likes this.

In fairness updating a comment I made on a previous thread my village was surprisingly quiet for CNY. Sure there were a few parties (and rightly so) but definitely muted in comparison to previous years.

February HK Covid News

Original Post Deleted
    Considering CHP had implied/stated earlier that someone caught it on an MTR platform, in seconds, seems 'odd' no one needs to be tested or QT in this case. Meanwhile the map continues to be enveloped in more red but still under 150 yesterday, lets see what the next week brings.

Name:  2022-02-04_111348_chp-dashboard.geodata.gov.hk.png
Views: 1621
Size:  750.9 KB

Question is how is HK going to respond? What’s left to close other than shopping malls and restaurants before 6 pm? I’d love to believe we’re going down the Singapore route but I don’t know if mainland will allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    In fairness updating a comment I made on a previous thread my village was surprisingly quiet for CNY. Sure there were a few parties (and rightly so) but definitely muted in comparison to previous years.
    Same observation in our building. Seemed like it was a lot quieter compared to previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    same here, less people gathered or walked by. firecrackers and fireworks still popping around though

On the other hand, Che Kung Temple was apparently packed.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20220203.htm

JAherbert likes this.

According to the R-factor of omicron, parties needed to be at least 5-6x quieter this year.

hike likes this.

It was quieter at you lot's buildings because the masses were out shopping in Causeway Bay

Not sure about TST, perhaps it was swamped as well

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I’d love to believe we’re going down the Singapore route but I don’t know if mainland will allow that.
    The mainland will not order HK to change its zero-Covid approach until after the Winter Olympics is finished and Xi's third-term is confirmed. For actual local circumstances, the biggest sticking point remains the low vaccination rate of the elderly, where only 30% is fully vaccinated. So long as that rate remains stubbornly low, then the government can't afford to ease up on Covid control measures. The prospect of seeing tens of thousands of elderly deaths per day (according to one claim) due to Covid will destroy whatever credibility the HK government has left. Not so much to the average HK citizen (since most of them have no say and has low approval ratings on the government's performance anyway) but to Beijing.
    TSTPaul and fougeres like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast