Like Tree192Likes

The PRC government is the best thing that has happened to China in the past 2 centuri

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Besides the fact that I've actually been to the 7 pillars of wisdom... No, I just enjoyed stuffing it back to you on once again a baseless assertion not rooted in reality.

I thoroughly enjoyed rereading the book and watching the movie in a bedouin tent nearby eating maglooba. I also saw Lawrence after Arabia which was made more recently.
    Yup, Ralfe Fiennes was in that - it was actually titled "A Dangerous Man".

So, what's your point - you mock me for watching LOA and then you admit you saw it yourself? Other than raising interesting questions about what exactly you were doing with the Chinese in the ME, it just makes you sound like a prick.

I think in the future you'd better be more careful about mocking someone who says they enoyed a movie.
    dear giant likes this.

gilly sez: Besides the fact that I've actually been to the 7 pillars of wisdom... I hope you were clever enough to realize that's what the pic represents

By the way, that's hilarious. The rock formation was named "TSPOW" in honor of Lawrence's book sometime in the '80s, essentially for tourism purposes and to capitalize on the book's fame. The rocks are named after the book, not vice versa. The Term TSPOW relates to religious doctrine.

Nah, I just mock you because it's fun and easy. And it's Ralph not Ralfe! I also enjoy being a prick though mostly only towards certain people... I would call it targeted prickism. Maybe I'm a chinese spy hired to write propaganda on open forums...

Last edited by gilleshk; 18-07-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Nah, I just mock you because it's fun and easy. And it's Ralph not Ralfe! I also enjoy being a prick though mostly only towards certain people... I would call it targeted prickism. Maybe I'm a chinese spy hired to write propaganda on open forums...
    Unfortunately, when you mock someone who then demonstrates that they know more than you do about what you think you are talking about, you just look reveal yourself to be a fool.

Yes, it's pronouced "Rafe" (which is also a common spelling) but spelled Ralph. Great achievement there Gilly. First time you've been correct all week.

Yes, you are certainly clumsy and ignorant enough to be a shill for Xinhua.

I think we can end this pointless discussion now.

Oh you mean I was incorrect when I pointed out your latin error?
    I was also incorrect when I pointed out that the US had supported Iraq during the war with Iran and you called it rumors until I supported it with the GWU link?

How about the fact that the professional at Angus Reid interpreted the polling results the same way I did. I guess both the Angus Reid pollster and I were both incorrect. Personally, I thought I was nicer since I said that there was a good split.

And throughout all of this, what have you provided to support insanities like Iraq being the only arab working democracy?

Nada, zilch, zero...

Ah yes, insults, well those are very compelling arguments.

I love how many times you claim to end the discussion and then you just can't help yourself... That's hilarious

Don't you guys have something better to do over the entire week-end? When do you sleep and eat?

Nahh, I ran a couple of hours in the heat this morning then went to the pool so I'm beat. Looking into building a hackintosh so I'm on the computer but dinner is afoot...

Gotta love the tags though: closet gay tiff is the funniest

Last edited by gilleshk; 18-07-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Gilly, I just ran 12k in the heat myself so I am in a generous mood.

BTW, it wasn't a "Latin error" it was a spelling error.

In my view I have pretty comprehensively demolished every claim you've made. But, you are not required to agree. I say let's call it a draw, and end it, and we won't need to trade any more insults (on this thread anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by buzzerman:
    Without the PRC government, China would have never opened up its doors to foreign investment and to science and technology like it did in the 1970s; but instead, China would have continued its isolationist policy and rejected foreign trade, modern science and technology, something it has done since the 1800s. It would be a future of misery and further regression.
    the KMT would have done that in 1949.

Quote Originally Posted by ig.consulting:
    the KMT would have done that in 1949.
    KMT would have done that back in 1926 if it weren't for the Japanese invasion. Ultimately China has Japan to thank for the disastrous next 60 years.