In this case I don't think he was. Bryant was very clear; he said:
    But now he's back-pedalling.
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    In what way?
    Er, by denying what you had written...

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    No, and I didn't

I don't think Bryant realised there were still dead bodies in the train when they were buried. He didn't deny saying the trains should be buried but that the bodies should be buried...

Still, I think most of us agree the best thing would've been for the cause of the accident to be 100% confirmed and analysed before any 'cover up' was made.

Original Post Deleted
    Do you mean the video that you said you couldn't see? Just want to make sure that we are clear....crystal clear..

Hmmm, maybe it's my bad, maybe having a discussion about a video you can't see, which others say they saw, but had the offending scenes edited out......maybe that's evidence........oh oh, time to start back - peddling!!!! Queue Benny Hill style music.....
    Last edited by bryant.english; 30-07-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Original Post Deleted

True. China's reaction is a bit like when a five year old does something bad in full view of his parents and then instead of saying 'sorry' starts screaming and shouting

"I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! I DDDDIIIIDDDDNNNNN'TTTTT!!!!!!!!"

The childish mentality is all that stops the child realising how stupid he looks, how obvious it is he's lying, and how much worse trouble it is getting him into.

So I guess what I'm saying is that by expecting to just cover up a train crash (in the year 2011 where the average person has a camera phone in their pocket ready to upload a video and photos to the internet at the click of a button), and expect to get away with it, amounts to having the intelligence of a small, slightly retarded child...

I realise the above may offend some people, (Small children especially)
    Last edited by justjoe86; 30-07-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    US and European rail infrastructures are old and under-maintained. .
    the two are not comparable at all _ riding a train in France is a pleasure, riding one in the US is torture!
    MovingIn07, Skyhook and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    the two are not comparable at all _ riding a train in France is a pleasure, riding one in the US is torture!
    Having ridden on trains all over Europe (and in China, Japan too for that matter) I would have to second this one 100%. My trip across the US on a train a few years back was one of the worst train experiences I can recall (and I travelled by train in the UK a LOT in the 80's, so it's hard to beat on awfulness). They were 15 hours late on an 8 hour trip; ran out of food; the "cabin" was more akin to a "coffin" and the other passengers were all nutcases. Whereas in Europe, trains are typically on time, clean, fast and with facilities.

Original Post Deleted
    Proof that there were dead people on the train? China never denied that...apart from that, the picture you've posted shows nothing but poor taste on your part and only increases my contempt for you.

You could even put a new caption on that picture - Rescue worker reaches for towel
    Last edited by bryant.english; 30-07-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Back in the states, I have never ridden a train nor have I ever known of anyone who has taken a train. We either drive or we fly, no point in taking trains when public transpo suchs back in the states.

Back home usually the ones who take trains back home are nutcases, just released ex cons, or those afraid of air travel...

Hence why we dont take them .

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Having ridden on trains all over Europe (and in China, Japan too for that matter) I would have to second this one 100%. My trip across the US on a train a few years back was one of the worst train experiences I can recall (and I travelled by train in the UK a LOT in the 80's, so it's hard to beat on awfulness). They were 15 hours late on an 8 hour trip; ran out of food; the "cabin" was more akin to a "coffin" and the other passengers were all nutcases. Whereas in Europe, trains are typically on time, clean, fast and with facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Back in the states, I have never ridden a train nor have I ever known of anyone who has taken a train. We either drive or we fly, no point in taking trains when public transpo suchs back in the states.

Back home usually the ones who take trains back home are nutcases, just released ex cons, or those afraid of air travel...

Hence why we dont take them .
    It's a shame though, because trains are such a great way to travel. And much more environmentally friendly than flying; just as fast with decent high speed (well run) trains. A huge missed opportunity by the USA in my view.
    bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast