Like Tree86Likes

China Bullet Train Derails

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

HKFoot, in all due respect (and I like you for your posts too as you have plenty of interesting points). That's how things work in China. There are so many frustrating things about China as you know. Until you get over it and play the game yourself you won't get anywhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Whats even funnier is your big concern about your online cred. You kinda remind me of those wannabe thugs from the rich neighborhoods going into the ghetto talking about their street cred...
    My online credibility? I've been called an idiot or an ass by most people here though I have to admit not as frequently as you have nor did I have the dubious honor of being banned.

I try to base most of my opinions on verifiable facts as opposed to fictional jobs or people I've supposedly met...
    Last edited by gilleshk; 07-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Football16 likes this.

The maglev from BJ to TJ is only about 5% filled at any given point in time. In any normal country this would not be sustainable, only China can manage it since its all run and controlled by the SOE who takes orders from the Central Govt.

Firstly, there is no Maglev train between BJ and TJ, it is a high speed CRH train similar to what is used on the Shanghai and other routes.

Also, there are sometimes only 'seatless' tickets available for this service.

Really??

Tianjin to Beijing Bullet Train Tickets - China Train Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Firstly, there is no Maglev train between BJ and TJ, it is a high speed CRH train similar to what is used on the Shanghai and other routes.

Also, there are sometimes only 'seatless' tickets available for this service.

Once again, the guy that claims to make loads of money from his technical expertise doesn't even know the difference between a high speed train on conventional rail lines like the ones on the BJ-TJ line and a maglev like the one in Shanghai. What a joker...

Really. High-speed or bullet train is not the same as maglev.
    Football16 and drumbrake like this.

Let's help out with the spelling: maglev= m-o-r-o-n

I assumed it was a maglev, when I was in Beijing and I needed to get to the Tianjin Customs office, I always drove. The railway for this train is right next to the expressway so I did see the trains pass by. It was going faster than 180km/h but unfortunately, I didnt get the opportunity to ride the train to Tianjin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Really. High-speed or bullet train is not the same as maglev.

There are only three maglev commercial lines in the world, Shanghai, Korea and Japan. All quite short lines.

I don't think there is a commercial maglev in Japan yet - or is there?