Like Tree45Likes

China Forbids International Tourism to Tibet Indefinitely

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

@Bookblogger, actually, you seem like a nice guy. I've never met you, anyway, I don't want to argue with you on this one, I know you have a passion for it.....please ignore my earlier remarks, I'm just firing rockets, you know.....

No worries!

bryant.english likes this.

For HKers no permit needed, I guess that is until further notice, like last year

Anyone that thinks that countries can or will put any real pressure on China about the Tibet situation is deluded. In these economic hard times when countries are coming hat in hand to beg China for money? Oh by the way... we won't take your money unless you free Tibet

Tibet has absolutely nothing of real interest or value to other countries. If one look at Darfur and Sudan where China also has a lot of influence and nothing was done, it's pretty obvious that Tibet will be as China wills...

So that leaves internet posters deploring this awful situation while comfortably sitting on their ergonomic chairs with the air con blasting and a drink in hand commenting on what a shame it is before tuning in to the footie match... Whatever helps your conscience I guess.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    So that leaves internet posters deploring this awful situation while comfortably sitting on their ergonomic chairs with the air con blasting and a drink in hand commenting on what a shame it is before tuning in to the footie match... Whatever helps your conscience I guess.
    I'll have you know it was a sofa, and I was holding a sandwich in my hand. And I was tuning into the Killing, not a footie match. But yes, sitting back and not talking about it is just as good. I mean, why even read the news anyway?
    bookblogger likes this.

Yes, because speaking out is wrong, isn't it?

Quite surprised to hear this from you, by the way, since you are able to broadcast a 1000-word opinion on anything.
    BaconBreadBaker likes this.

I feel really bad for the people. I learned so much about China after moving here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

...Tibet has absolutely nothing of real interest or value to other countries...

...Tibet will be as China wills...
    Two words: Poly ticks.

Tibet has absolutely nothing of real interest or value to other countries.
    Let me google that for you

Isn't is all about Energy security.

Why would China bother with a bunch of ill-educated self immolating monks and peasants on top of barren mountains if there wasn't something to keep them their.

With self determination Tibet could probably be Asia's Norway of the 21st century.
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-06-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Let me google that for you

Isn't is all about Energy security.

Why would China bother with a bunch of ill-educated self immolating monks and peasants on top of barren mountains if there wasn't something to keep them their.

With self determination Tibet could probably be Asia's Norway of the 21st century.
    The uranium has value to only a select few countries and the geographical restrictions makes it untenable for anyone but China to access it furthermore that's an added argument to the fact that absolutely nothing will change Tibet's situation. You don't spend time and energy on a lost cause against a country like China. At most, it's a chip to be played bargaining for other things.

Tibet being Asia's Norway Don't hold your breath