Bitter China-US Relations

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Well yes, but it takes time for them to get visas so they need a bit of notice.
    You know, I always thought they'd be more like international spies. Bag full of passports and different identities, wads of different currencies, emergency visas for every country in the Pacific Rim...it ain't easy.

Thought they where going to Japan coz thats there base, there are plenty of Ho's in Japan no need to bring in cheap imports...

Last edited by KnowItAll; 23-11-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It was a bit mean of the USN to go to Japan instead - if they'd gone somewhere that the girls can go without a visa then they could all have just hopped on a few planes and followed them...
    Japan is their home base. It was only natural they would go there.

an air craft carrier with hundreds of foreign soldiers....im not much into geopolitik but that sounds a bit unappetizing...I can already hear the pentagon abuzz if a Chinese destroyer crew decided to take a Hawaii sojourn......

>> I can already hear the pentagon abuzz if a Chinese destroyer
    >> crew decided to take a Hawaii sojourn......

Hmmm.... you know its not their god given right to take an R&R break on US territory, right?

(Turn on your humor sensors before you attack me for that statement....)

Quote Originally Posted by MS@HK:
    an air craft carrier with hundreds of foreign soldiers....im not much into geopolitik but that sounds a bit unappetizing...I can already hear the pentagon abuzz if a Chinese destroyer crew decided to take a Hawaii sojourn......

Yes, USA loves that old saying: " Do as I say, not as I do".

Quote Originally Posted by MS@HK:
    A a member of the navy for 25 yr years i feel I should point out.
    1) Vessels ( Ships / boats / submarines ) have sailors not soldiers. Their air arm is navy so classified as sailors.
    2) The guys on vessels in olive green are Marines and they fly aircraft in Camouflage gear in respect for their comrades serving below.
    3) The Chinese Navy would no doubt have no problem turning up announced in the Hawaiian Island, unlike the Japanese who preferred to hold a surprise party. However they are, unlike the US, not a deep water navy and with few exceptions never ventured to far from home. Not because they wouldn't like to see the world, but maybe because they have limited experience and logistic support required for such adventures as a flotilla, rather than a single unit attached to a multi national group.

I think a lot of us, with experience of doing multiple visits, in the " floating " foreign service, where not surprised to see such a cock up. It isn't just a case of turning up and saying howdy. I have a feeling that their was some goings on on both side of the pond. I was on a ship not allowed into a US port because state department clearance had not arrived. We went to Jamaica instead and made the most of our disappointment !!!!!!!!

Sorry mate I'm a peacenik ....all you uniformed guys are the same to me...yes im scared of postmen

25 years in the navy is pretty impressive....and thats a fantastic excuse to go to jamaica!!

what Boris didn't tell you is that he used to be a Wren ,

his real name is Glenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    what Boris didn't tell you is that he used to be a Wren ,

his real name is Glenda.
    Busted !!!!!