Like Tree238Likes

China vs Japan on islands now

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Corrected, thanks WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Actually the Sino-Indian War was in 1962, not 64.
    20th Oct 1962. To be precise ..... :-)
    Watercooler likes this.

You haven't offer anything to counter my view. Why don't you offer some analysis yourself? Or is because you can't? Don't accuse me when you are the one doing the fluffing here.

I don't find anything convincing to show the US are so eager to jump in and fight the Chinese over the shoal. I guess you don't pay attention to the news, but the Americans have said repeatedly that they don't want to get involved in the shoal dispute. They have their hands full enough already.

You really think its' so simple for the US to arrange their allies to confront China. Right...China also have allies in the region. Beijing used Cambodia to prevent the ASEAN statement on South China Sea dispute for example.

Don't accuse me of fluff if you don't know anything yourself.
    Sure, you go right ahead and keep talking.

Why so aggressive WC?

OK back to the points that seemed a little bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodraugen:
    Japan's reasons for doing so is anything but altruistic
    Why not.

many apologising actions even though the apologies never seem to be acknowledged let alone accepted or publicised as well as channelling huge sums of money into improvement projects that again never get any publicity does not appear to have any subtext.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodraugen:
    And its not as if China's hatred of Japan is not reciprocated
    Again can you justify the claim?

The replies given seem to all make reference to non-current events.

Where other nations have in the past committed atrocities the governments of the regional and international communities have worked hard to ensure the crimes of a nations fore-fathers are not attributed to the current generation.

If you are comfortable that from the research you have done (from various view points) you firmly believe the above statements that seemed to be presented as fact are fine then no point discussing, although it would have been good to see some references of current policy and data on public feelings showing Japan have an ulterior motives for its post 1979 actions and that the general public feeling is the same in Japan and China.
    Last edited by East_coast; 21-08-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Who are you to tell me to shut up or not? What makes you think you know the true course of action by the US?

If you can't offer an alternative explanation, I suggest you shut your mouth .
    I didn't, that's why I never made any assumptions, unlike you. My point is, if you are not an American, then you have no right to speak for or in behalf of them. You can shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatNeighbor:
    I didn't, that's why I never made any assumptions, unlike you. My point is, if you are not an American, then you have no right to speak for or in behalf of them. You can shut up now.
    By that logic only a blind can speak on behalf of the blinds, only and HIV positive can speak for the HIV positives...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    By that logic only a blind can speak on behalf of the blinds, only and HIV positive can speak for the HIV positives...
    Ignoring your English which seems to be getting worse the more you morph into theBrit, only a blind person can really talk about what a blind person thinks and feels only and HIV positive person can really talk about what a HIV positive person thinks and feels. Obviously someone can speak on their behalf but they can't claim to have all the knowledge about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    someone can speak on their behalf
    You said it, not me. I don't think WC claimed he had all the knowledge...

Btw cheap shot about the English...but then again...what should I expect, huh?

But anyway I let you and WC debate about the Ph and China and the Us and Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I think each nation should pick a hand to hand combat champion and have a fight to the death. Whoever wins gets the legal right to the island. This would save a lot of pain and suffering if the Asian War erupts.
    We must be kindred brothers as I was say the same thing.

I think some of geo community should have hand to hand combat to determine the geo community champion.

All hail geochamp!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast