Like Tree238Likes

China vs Japan on islands now

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Got to give to the Chinese for perfecting nationalism,
    to distract the populace from the issues around the current regime change.
    mrdollars, virago, Gatts and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I hoped you typed that a little too quickly V
    haha, yes, I thought my sentence structure a little odd. I was going to rewrite it but then sided on laziness and left it.....
    bryant.english likes this.

You wouldn't want to be Japanese in China these days.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    to distract the populace from the issues around the current regime change.
    There wouldn't be a revolt, so there's no need to distract the population in the first place. You're looking at the situation from what would happen in the west.

It's more like Chinese with an already existing hatred towards the Japanese losing all sense of rationality when the Japanese Government took actions and escalated the provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    There wouldn't be a revolt, so there's no need to distract the population in the first place.
    There are approximately 100 000 mass incidents a year in China. Not all is rosy north of the border.
    bookblogger and dear giant like this.

The Government is putting these people up to protest. Since when can people protest without being clubbed by police in China.

bookblogger, Gatts and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Looks like the Japanese got a bargain.
    Weren't they just Terra Nullius? They are closest to Japan and the Japanese settled their first so...

Perhaps if it does go to court both sides can show what they actually have to prove their respective claims. This military posturing and stirring up the populace is not a course that can continue for long.
    dear giant likes this.

There wouldn't be a revolt, so there's no need to distract the population in the first place. You're looking at the situation from what would happen in the west.
    Perhaps it is co-incidence...

Not looking at it from east / west / north / south. The Transition of power is in a mess and it is very helpful that there just happens to be an opportunity to exploit with a traditional enemy that stops the political commentators focussing on the domestic mess.

The Japanese Government took actions and escalated the provocation.
    It really was irresponsible of the Japanese Government to encourage the Hong Kong Police in their super high speed power boats to allow the protesters in a clapped out fishing boat evade them...

Unfortunately the blip in popularity didn't last very long for CY but it has been allowed to fester north of the river.
    Last edited by East_coast; 15-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk:
    The Government is putting these people up to protest. Since when can people protest without being clubbed by police in China.
    Not so much putting them up; rather turning a blind eye or having a softly softly approach, with the aim of allowing the young men to let of a bit of steam / divert attention from other matters. It's a dangerous game though. Today the Japanese embassy. Tomorrow a corrupt local official. Next week Zhongnanhai?

The media in China is a frenzy with Japan hate. It's everywhere, everybody is talking about it. My wife is talking about the incidents regularly and there is talk about war with China. Though, this happens every few years.

I understand human rights and rule of law etc and wish is was in China but I really dislike more the brainwashing that occurs through the media to push a PRC agenda.

All these protests are allowed and let be and the govt compensate any property damage afterwards.

They even had some idiot burn is Honda civic in protest, though, it is probably a good thing.

dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast