Like Tree238Likes

China vs Japan on islands now

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    ä½ çŸ¥é“åœ¨å“ªé‡Œçš„æœ ºåœºï¼
    Stop raping the chinese language you two, ouch. Also, when in HK please use real Chinese / 正體字.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk:
    No I'm not joking. You are naive. You mentioned "The Chinese Government fear the people" and that is exactly why they are letting this happen. If the people focus their rage on anti-Japan sentiment they will not be focused on the corruption of the Chinese government. People will have the illusion of freedom. The Goverment is fearful only if 1.3 billion people rise up at once and that will never happen. The Government has effective control of the media so those uprisings in small provinces won't make the news in other provinces and big cities.

The Chinese may have traditionally controlled the Islands, but they have not disputed the sovereignty of the Islands since 1898. The only time they became interested is when they found out about a possible wealth of resources. China has disputes with everyone over territory.
    You don't get it. Why do you think the Arab Spring did not get the play on China TV other than CCTV English? They don't want their people to see populist uprisings. You have 1.3 billion people and not all doing great economically. Of course they fear that. They know to keep in power they must keep delivering more progress but the race to get there is not easy when it comes to poor farmers and a billion plus people!!!

Social unrest incidents are on the rise in China as people see that the authorities aren't strong enough to stop them! Gov't there understand that. They aren't stupid. They don't see value in destroying businesses. hear.

On the other part of your post there was a white guy showing maps yesterday on TV that suggest those islands historically have never been considered by the Japanese as Japanese going back to the 1800s. I agree that a lot of the China disputes these days are about resources! China is not about to lose resources off shore - not easily - no more than the USA is going to let Canada get free claim to the Arctic.

The irony right now is that China (while the USA fights losing foreign wars) is now locking up business deals in the African continent that are good for these countries and guarantee long term supply relationships for China. These has been the China strategy for some years now. Lock up deals with other countries for resources before fully exploiting the resources at home. In fact the USA complain that China is not fully mining rare earth minerals which are in great supply in China - yes, they are hording.

I say let the Japanese and the Chinese prepare two bowls of noodles.We taste them (a panel of food critics - not Moving obviously -..) the one with more points get the islands.You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    ä½ çŸ¥é“åœ¨å“ªé‡Œçš„æœ ºåœºï¼
    I think the correct order of Chinese characters should be:

ä½ çŸ¥é“æœºåœºåœ¨å“ªé‡ ï¼

The "airport" comes first, not like in English (according to my wife, who is local). Hehehe.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 18-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I say let the Japanese and the Chinese prepare two bowls of noodles.We taste them (a panel of food critics - not Moving obviously -..) the one with more points get the islands.You're welcome.
    Or a dance off?
    Last edited by mrdollars; 18-09-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    I think the correct order of Chinese characters should be:

ä½ çŸ¥é“æœºåœºåœ¨å“ªé‡ ï¼

The "airport" comes first, not like in English (according to my wife, who is local). Hehehe.
    Should be: "ä½ çŸ¥é“æ©Ÿå ´åœ¨å“ªè£ !", we're in HK guys.
    Watercooler and bookblogger like this.

Have a look at www.baidu.com if you want to see how to bring this issue to the forefront of 200 million peoples minds each day.

dear giant likes this.

Smart, but not sure how long that will stay up...

Name:  Baidu Diaoyu.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  26.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Should be: "ä½ çŸ¥é“æ©Ÿå ´åœ¨å“ªè£ !", we're in HK guys.
    Haha, good one. Oh I can imagine the response from a 愤青: "Using traditional characters?!!! How dare you are so unpatriotic!!! Traitor!!! HK belongs to the great and glorious motherland don't you know? If it weren't for our kind handouts, HK's economy would have crumbled to dust long ago. Hong Kong 狗 like yourself should crawl back to your UK colonial master and drink from their bowels!!!"
    Last edited by Watercooler; 18-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

I understand China is saying that Japan is to blame for all the rioting and vandalism that took place this weekend. Nothing to do with the rabid masses, its all Japan's fault.

Eh?

dear giant likes this.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast