Olympics Torch Relay - Best Place to Watch?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

If you get arrested you should be OK. If charged & found guilty then you're gone...

I didn't see the Canadian or Danish Consulates doing anything for those already deported from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If you get arrested you should be OK. If charged & found guilty then you're gone...

I didn't see the Canadian or Danish Consulates doing anything for those already deported from the airport.
    Fair enough to the first part of your answer, and i am not surprized regarding the second part.

If anybody decides to protest, you are entirely on your own, then. Might be a good idea to deeply think about the risk assesment aspect. Things could turn nasty tomorrow, or maybe they wont.

I might have to borrow Kombuchakids mystic chicken bones, throw them on the table, and look for a sign
    Last edited by Skyhook; 01-05-2008 at 08:01 PM.

protest

sadly there seems to be no organised group around these forums to tell me where to front up to today?? True ,the implications for arrest are troubling -times like these I note with envy the situation in Canberra Australia where my friend says the police were setting things up for her torch relay protest in a fair and equitable way ie lining opposing groups up away from each other -some Aussie commonsense -everyone got 'heard' =little trouble.
    Not here I guess....sigh. Anyone out there want to meet up in Central to peacefully protest -and where?

Last edited by Miss P; 02-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Torch Relay road block update

Update on the crowd (from TST)

despite the rain there seems to be quite a few pro-china supporter groups (in groups of 20+) taking up predetermined positions along the side walks. Loads and loads and loads of Chinese people with matching stickers, flags and the rest, these aren't random people coming out of their house/office to get a glimpse of the relay. In addition numerous barricades with cops all over the place. Very difficult to get around and it's only 8:30am

Quote Originally Posted by Miss P:
    True ,the implications for arrest are troubling -times like these I note with envy the situation in Canberra Australia where my friend says the police were setting things up for her torch relay protest in a fair and equitable way ie lining opposing groups up away from each other -some Aussie commonsense -everyone got 'heard' =little trouble.
    Not here I guess....sigh.
    Did you even try to contact the police to notify them of your intention to hold a public procession or meeting? If not then I really don't think you have cause for complaint.

And I'm still curious to know what exactly it is you want to protest about?

PDLM - as you said several threads earlier .. sheeple.

update tst

Yes, it looks like this is a major operation for the HK police force. Road blocks are in full swing at the moment. I don't think I've ever since this many police officers during day time.

Beijing 2008 Olympic Torch Relay in Hong Kong - Name List of Torchbearers in the Hong Kong Torch Relay

I am watching it live in English at this gov't site.

Can't see the crowds as they are too far from the cameras. These guys literally run about 200 yards.

Andy Lau is done his part and it is 10:36 am.

will the torch be ran in happy valley?
    would it be wanchai - happy valley - causeway bay?

looks like it's runnig tsing ma now
    ^_^

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast