Olympics Torch Relay - Best Place to Watch?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

thanks guys for keeping me up to speed -keep 'em coming please re progress (ha!)

Wink

Is there anything more stirring that sends chills down your spine than watching the Olympic torch carried across the Tsing Ma Bridge with nary an ordinary citizen in sight?

Yes Football verily ....glad I have a passport for a more enlightened home country- I like HK ,really , but things here are not shaping up for energetic democratic moves any time soon....

p.s however the irony of the situation with the torch relay becoming a cordoned off sanitized ,inhouse 'military' operation says it all ;rubberstamped and meaningless in the end.
    grumble grumble

Yeah .. so similar to the free speech zones in the US...

Olympic Torch Relay - Yahoo! News Photos

Pictures from today online. Christina Chan has been taken away by police for her own safety......

Oh dear - this is not exactly going to do HK's image much good at all:

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

pity the tv cameras are only pointed towards the olympians who seem to be doing damage to their spines with all this waving with one hand and holding the torch and trotting.
    Several of us tried it in the office and one is skipping lunch and going to the chiropractor.

Oh and if you carefully fold the flag and wave it the 'reds' around you wont notice

thanks for the pix-a sea of red- how surprising,and how 'spontaneous'

Miss P,

You seem to have very little respect for those holding different views from yours. From what I have read (which I suspect is substantially more than you) I feel that the Tibet issue (if that is what you wish to protest about) is far from clear cut. If you agree with the case as made by many of the protesters and take it to its logical conclusion then, unless you are of aboriginal descent, you should be making plans to move your affairs out of Australia.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast