Like Tree46Likes

BBC: evidence of 'organised prostitution' in some China hotels

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

BBC: evidence of 'organised prostitution' in some China hotels

A BBC investigation has uncoverd evidence of 'organised prostitution' in some China hotels.

I wouldn't have thought that there was much need for an investigation. Check into almost any hotel in China, and you will soon get a phone call asking whether you want extra services.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A BBC investigation has uncoverd evidence of 'organised prostitution' in some China hotels.

I wouldn't have thought that there was much need for an investigation. Check into almost any hotel in China, and you will soon get a phone call asking whether you want extra services.
    While it is pretty common and I agree there is no real need for investigation...prostitution is everywhere in china (massage, saunas, karaoke...)....I have never ever received a call in my room asking if I wanted extra service (over 40+ trips in China in the last ten years in many different provinces and for up to two weeks at a time....for holidays and for work so from guesthouse to mid range to five stars hotels).

Yup very normal

The masseurs at 5 star hotels in china are hookers too.

BBC NEWS. It's a shame really.

Watercooler likes this.

I wonder how much the "reporter" was able to claim on expenses?

In other news, the BBC reports that the Pope is still (more or less ) a catholic, and that bears do shit in the woods.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 13-10-2013 at 08:24 PM.

And water is wet. Entire floors in hotels are brothels..

But in fairness to the article, it was geared towards people less knowledgable about China than us.

Same here, never recd a call, was always waiting but never happened.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Mat, alfeno and cheepo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Check into almost any hotel in China, and you will soon get a phone call asking whether you want extra services.
    That certainly was the case 10+ years ago but this is no loner the case. The chances of getting a call these days is less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Same here, never recd a call, was always waiting but never happened.
    They are still around. Some are outside the door waiting to give you a card, some are at the massage parlour and some are at the hair dressers. They are still extremely easy to find but the days of door-knocks and phone calls are disappearing quickly.

i will receive some girl phone call at night time. I am local, they know I can speak Mandarin. Every massage parlor in Shenzhen provides this service.

Last edited by tt2003; 13-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Macau gets a lot of them door knocking

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast