Like Tree51Likes

China's 6 Wars in the next 50 Years

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    I meant that it doesn't matter what you think
    Thank you for telling me. What the international community thinks is probably more important than what the CCP thinks.

So in essence every totalitarian regime doesn't have to care what people think of their actions and they also usually end badly...

As with the Senkuka/Diaoyu Islands where China are the 3rd nearest country they also claim the Socotra Rock where Korea and Japan are nearer (rather than Japan and Taiwan)

What justification is there for this aggressive stance?
    Last edited by East_coast; 08-12-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Azuremain likes this.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Ouwen I am intrigued by your character:

- you are a peace activist who hates the american govt but enrolled in the military

- an anarchist who can not say a bad word about the chinese govt

- a genius whose knowledge of biology seems to be at the level of the ancient greeks

- someone who has held important positions in the military and the private sector requiring critical thinking but accepts a romantic view of the celts

- a peace activist who switches in a second to aggresion (no one insulted your wife)

We are all complex but you more than most

All quite true. I have an inquisitive and analytical mind that is highly intolerant of those who hide thier laziness and avoidance of mental activity with stupid, condescending and/or insulting remarks.

Live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Thank you for telling me. What the international community thinks is probably more important than what the CCP thinks.

So in essence every totalitarian regime doesn't have to care what people think of their actions and they also usually end badly...

As with the Senkuka/Diaoyu Islands where China are the 3rd nearest country they also claim the Socotra Rock where Korea and Japan are nearer (rather than Japan and Taiwan)

No justification. As China grows in power, I would expect more and more of this. If I were neighboring countries I would be very concerned. China has "border disputes" with all of its neighboring countries + 8 others.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

No justification is needed. Any dispute brought forth does not have to have even the slightest basis in reality. The simple fact that a dispute exists halts all consideration of an involved countries application for determination of maritime limits. That is the whimsical and toothless nature of the UN rules.

Japan stopped China's, and Korea's applications in this manner. This could be China's retaliation that stops any consideration of an application by Japan (and Korea) for determination of maritime limits.

If said rock is submerged, it can't be used as a base line for maritime limits, so it is of no importance whatsoever, unless some country is trying to claim that it is an island. If China make that claim, Japan, Korea or China can't draw maritime limits, because a dispute exists.

The East China sea natural resources remain without an owner, and subject only to enforcement by military domination/force. Advantage goes to the most militarily aggressive nation or alliance of nations, assuming WWIII does not rid the Earth of human pestilence.
    Last edited by ouwen; 09-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.

ouwen
    Ouwen I am intrigued by your character:

- you are a peace activist who hates the american govt but enrolled in the military
    Would it make sense to you that a peace activist with a genius IQ just sit idle and wait to be drafted into an infantry unit to kill people like you with a rifle? I would have just stood there and been killed before I would kill another human being.

I used my IQ score to bargain with the US Navy for a non killing tech position that included highly advanced technical training.

- an anarchist who can not say a bad word about the chinese govt
    The Chinese people are my friends. I like them very much, and married one of them. I try not to interfere in, or judge their domestic politics. My only concern with the Chinese govt is in foreign affairs that might involve war.

"The People's Liberation Army will not deploy troops outside of China, except as UN peace keepers". China's reply to a US request for China's participation in the war on terror.

- a genius whose knowledge of biology seems to be at the level of the ancient greeks
    So, having a genius level IQ means that I was born with a degree in Biology? How do I respond to such a stupid comment? The US Government determined that my intelligence is concentrated in mechanical and mathematical ability. They did not waste a million dollars training me in biology, or basket weaving.

- someone who has held important positions in the military and the private sector requiring critical thinking but accepts a romantic view of the celts
    The Celts were not the only highly successful anarchic society that preceeded the proliferation of empire building by the Romans, Anglo Saxons and Americans. They are the only one that I studied. My military and energy company employers paid for any and all studies that I wanted to pursue in technology.

History was on my own time and expense.

- a peace activist who switches in a second to aggresion (no one insulted your wife)
    I respond to stupidity in kind. I have been baited by the best of CIA trained trolls.

We are all complex but you more than most
    Thank you.
    Last edited by ouwen; 09-12-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Following BeijingITPerson's recent routs, maybe ouwen is the latest fifty cent'er sent here.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Following BeijingITPerson's recent routs, maybe ouwen is the latest fifty cent'er sent here.
    I do not participate in domestic Chinese politics. I don't live in China, and have no related knowledge.

What post or comment are your referring to? Do you have a link or reference to justify that name calling?

I will give you a reasonable time to respond before complaining to the moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    What post or comment are your referring to? Do you have a link or reference to justify that name calling?
    Start here

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/s...st&showposts=1

Blithely defensing China at all costs, vicious anti-US government rhetoric, misinformation on the Chinese territorial claims, refusal to discuss Chinese domestic politics, pivoting every issue into criticising the US... it is all straight out of the 50 cent playbook. To be honest, if you are not being paid to write this stuff then I feel really sorry for you.

Plenty of factually incorrect comments from you on this very thread, including you being the only person in Asia not to recognise China's increasingly aggressive stance in the South China Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    The status quo was going to be changed, regardless of what you, the Chinese, the Japanese or the aliens from outer space thought of it. Shintaro Ishihara was pushing on with plans to buy these islands and had plans to station Japanese on them, as well as build on them.

The national government took the least worst option of nullifying this threat. What would enrage the Chinese more:

(a) buy the islands and build harbour facilities and station Japanese citizens on them
    (b) buy the islands and do nothing

Before all this kicked off, seems you don't realise that two of the islands were already owned by the Japanese government and the other three were rented from their private owners by the Japanese government.

This article is fairly balanced:

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_...AJ201209050013

Try to understand the circumstances before you spout off as you simply have no idea what you are talking about.
    As a word of kind advice, try to understand what I am saying before you sprout off nonsense. It really helps if you actually pay attention to what I said. Because right now, you come across as a know-nothing. Alright?

The Japanese government took the least worst opinion from their perspective. It doesn't mean the Chinese will accept that. Is that so hard for you to understand? I guess it is.

Yes, the Japanese would certainly have enrage the Chinese more if they station troops or construct buildings on the island. But the Chinese don't see it that way. They may see it simply as a creeping change of status quo which is unacceptable all the same. It matters little if there is no real substantive change from the Japanese's perspective. What matters is how the Chinese interpret this. And they certainly did'nt see it as the least worst opinion with no change. That's what matters in the end. Now what the sender think is the least worst option, but whether recipient think as well. Like I said, breakdown in communication. The Japanese did'nt realize what the Chinese interpretation will be. And the Chinese did'nt understand or could not accept what the "least worst option" from the Japanese side is.

Now, before you respond, read my post carefully. Word by word.

Sprouting off? Another classic malapropism.

There were no other options. It was (a) or (b). If you had followed the story at the time, you would have known this. Since you declined to answer which was better, I guess you accept that the Japanese government did pick the least worst option from everyone's perspective.

Thanks for coming round to the rest of the worlds way of thinking.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast