Like Tree78Likes

"Westerners are so convinced China is a dystopian hellscape they’ll share anything that confirms it"

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    You're picking on my MG! Had a lovely restored MG B GT '70 in British Racing Green when living in Yorkshire. I agree it is heavy handling, but still a lovely example of British car history. Here it is parked on the drive - how can you not love it?

TR5 yes to that, fine car. We are thinking of getting one for the French house for some fun on the french country roads.

Chinese car as a classic of this calibre in the future. Yeah, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Don't get me wrong, MG's are pretty classic cars, I know a number of owners in the MG and Classic Car Clubs of Hong Kong.

Yours looked great especially in BRG and the hard tops tend to be a lot better planted than the convertibles.

If it were me, I'd rather get a late production build ( very late 70's or early 80's ) Peugeot 504 cabriolet, which I think is a much cooler car to have if one is living in France, a car that is seriously collectable and was body designed by Pininfarina of Italy. It was actually built in Italy, not France....... The 2.7 litre V6 version is the plum to get, a concourse completely restored version will cost you $20,000USD which is money I would be happy to tip in as it will only appreciate in leaps and bounds as they didnt make many of these. A very comfortable grand tourer, perfect for the French countryside. Prices range between $5000 - $20,000 depending on overall condition. Lots of these can be found in Paris and the South of France, I'd probably look at cars in the South as they're generally in better shape due to the warmer climate and usually garaged.

Attachment 46754
    Attachment 46758
    Attachment 46762
    What is the main industry of Pininfarina? Design of shipping containers??

As car aesthetics go that is Gérard Depardieu vs Joanna Lumley! :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    What is the main industry of Pininfarina? Design of shipping containers??

As car aesthetics go that is Gérard Depardieu vs Joanna Lumley! :rolleyes
    But he does have a point, both are pretty sexy examples of Englishness:

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8