Black People not allowed to drink in Beijing.....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black People not allowed to drink in Beijing.....

After reading the recent articles I have become more and more anti the olympics. First cats are being culled, then dogs over a certain height are banned and now Black people and Mongolians..... When will they stop - when the only people in Beijing are grining pre programmed Chinese I guess... I have sent the SCMP link to my journalist friends in the UK and hope it hits the global newspapers..... This is just outrageous....

From SCMP today....
    Beijing authorities are secretly planning to ban black people and others it considers social undesirables from entering the city's bars during the Olympic Games, a move that would contradict the official slogan, "One World, One Dream".

Bar owners near the Workers' Stadium in central Beijing say they have been forced by Public Security Bureau officials to sign pledges agreeing not to let black people enter their premises.

"Uniformed Public Security Bureau officers came into the bar recently and told me not to serve black people or Mongolians," said the co-owner of a western-style bar, who asked not to be named.

If that's true then it's a disgrace but I can't see it happening to be honest.

well it is to stop undesirables drug dealing cos of course only black people and mongolians do that.........( that was me being very sarcastic before anyone thinks that i believe that)

I am amazed SCMP even had the story. I guess if they didn't have very good sources then they wouldn't have printed.....

This is just plain weird .... cant see it really being implemented during the games. Would cause chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    This is just plain weird .... cant see it really being implemented during the games. Would cause chaos.
    Delete " This is just plain weird "
    Insert " Free unfettered journalistic freedom ".

A much better story I think.

What? No pint for their old chap Mugabe???

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Delete " This is just plain weird "
    Insert " Free unfettered journalistic freedom ".

A much better story I think.
    Oh come on Boris it quotes an anonymous bar owner so it would be easy to check up wouldn't it? 100 dollars it will be in tomorrow's UK papers though as gospel (as a shock horror story, even though half of the papers would like to ban black people from the UK entirely!)

Wasn't commenting on that.
    Was commenting more about having a free unfettered press ( as promised ) rather than, as you say, unquoted unsubstantiated stories. There is loads of stuff coming up about jurnos having home return permits revoked ( apple daily jurno ) and officials at press conferences refusing openly to accept questions from publications they don't like.

That makes for a much better discussion.

Not entirely accurate it seems.

Beijing Boyce Um, really? Update on SCMP story II

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast