Olympic TV schedules

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Olympic TV schedules

As a long time supporter of what is considered by the networks as a minority Olympic sport ( Judo ) where is the best place to find the Olympics TV schedules?

Not just in HK but worldwide that might cover things other than what happens on the athletics track.

Might be a decent info thread for such minority watchers as Tai Kwan Do, Yachting, Table Tennis, Fencing, Soccer, Rowing and Beach Volleyball. I want to see more than just the highlights and I guess many others do also.

in hong kong, the olympic rights have been sold to one of the crappy cable-tv channels... so despite being part of the country that's hosting the event, we're going to have to pay to watch it on tv, whereas we had it free in the previous years when they were hosted in other countries...weird.

plus the fact that half the people who have cable do not subscribe to cable tv, choosing the (better imo) NOW-tv. Anyway, tvb and atv apparently protesting against it...

in america, NBC has the rights i think...you can find the schedules on their website.

Considering Hong Kong has appalling China TV access I would suggest one of the P2PTV networks

P2PTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think TVants was the popular one here for the last World Cup, however I'm hoping SwarmPlayer picks up as it's not closed:

SwarmPlayer P2P Video Streaming Test Trial

Last edited by MrMoo; 24-07-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Considering Hong Kong has appalling China TV access I would suggest one of the P2PTV networks

P2PTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think TVants was the popular one here for the last World Cup, however I'm hoping SwarmPlayer picks up as it's not closed:

SwarmPlayer P2P Video Streaming Test Trial
    I find sopcast or tvuplayer best for me and was hoping someone out there would know what's on where. i.e. the listings are where ???

So - yes - I know how to get it. Just not where it is and I think its the same for all of us.

I can't believe this - though I have read it on the internet too. So the olympics are not being shown on Star Sports or ESPN either as well as not on Now TV?

To quote the IOC "our aim is to ensure that as many people as possible get to enjoy the olympics...." yeah right.

Have found this
    http://nbcumv.com/special/S__Press_D...schedule11.pdf

It gives the channels and what is covered so hopefully one of the players will have suitable channels. CCTV is also streaming live but NOT on the international channels, according to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    To quote the IOC "our aim is to ensure that as many people as possible get to enjoy the olympics...." yeah right.
    i think they ditched that idea as soon as they chose beijing to host the olympics... unless of course they're simply just blind and have ignored the fact that people (and animals) in the country are suffering because of their "facelift"

any who, how does Sopcast work? Do you have to download any software for it?

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    in hong kong, the olympic rights have been sold to one of the crappy cable-tv channels... so despite being part of the country that's hosting the event, we're going to have to pay to watch it on tv, whereas we had it free in the previous years when they were hosted in other countries...weird.

plus the fact that half the people who have cable do not subscribe to cable tv, choosing the (better imo) NOW-tv. Anyway, tvb and atv apparently protesting against it...

in america, NBC has the rights i think...you can find the schedules on their website.
    u can still watch the beijing olympics in hong kong on the free-to-air channels!
    london olympics is the one that has the right sold to cable tv

tvb pearl will have daytime live telecast and 2 hours primetime telecast of equestrian event
    atv world will have one hour highlight every night
    other events will be broadcast on TVB Jade, ATV Home and those digital channels.
    Last edited by leowan; 25-07-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leowan:
    u can still watch the beijing olympics in hong kong on the free-to-air channels!
    london olympics is the one that has the right sold to cable tv

tvb pearl will have daytime live telecast and 2 hours primetime telecast of equestrian event
    atv world will have one hour highlight every night
    other events will be broadcast on TVB Jade, ATV Home and those digital channels.
    A quick search on google says that it is the rights to the Beijing Olympics - where are you getting your info from?

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    any who, how does Sopcast work? Do you have to download any software for it?
    Just google it and download. When downloaded you will get a desktop icon so that opens and runs it so then you only have to choose the program. Really simple.

I have to say that it used to be my favourite but the latest release of TVUPlayer is really fast and stable. However its fair to say that having a range of players is the best bet as not all systems have ACTIVE channels all the time. Its P2P after all and if the source is not open then its not going to broadcast.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast