Mens Basketball - China v/s USA

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mens Basketball - China v/s USA

Any predictions on who will win?

Also, any one going out to watch it at one of the bars?

I definitely want to go out to watch this game, preferable in a bar that will have the sound for the game on, (in English), any suggestions for such a bar on the Island?
    As for predictions, I have to go with the U.S.A. I watched them in Macau.....they do look like a solid choice for the Gold.

just called bulldogs in lkf. they are showing a football match tonight. they can show the bball match, but with no sound.

i also called mcsorleys. they can show the match, but they said their reception is really bad.

oh, have just called The Wheel. They can show it, but again, because the football is on tonight, they will probably have the sound for that on.

Last edited by pin; 10-08-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Those were my first two choices as well, as I'm still a rookie here I don't know all the options. Good to know that info, thanks Pin.

I would like to watch the earlier games too - Lithuania vs. Argentina sounds interesting (16:45). I wonder if any of the bars will have the other games on.

point spread would be a more realistic prediction..i'll say US by 18...i don't think anyone (including Yao and his mates) has any illusions about beating the US yet...maybe by London...who knows

i should say " about China beating the US"...there are teams in Beijing who have a chance on a good night...looks like i was being kind in my spread...

Best quotes of the game, from the stellar commentary on Pearl,

"There's something about Carmello Anthony, he just makes me...uncomfortable."

"I don't like the way Boozer does his free-throws."

"Chris Wade......."

There is no Chris Wade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.E.Kong:
    Best quotes of the game, from the stellar commentary on Pearl,

"There's something about Carmello Anthony, he just makes me...uncomfortable."

"I don't like the way Boozer does his free-throws."

"Chris Wade......."

There is no Chris Wade!!!
    heh, yes, not very impressed with the commentary.

I was thinking the same thing about the announcers. They kept me entertained throughout the game.

Announcer 1: Chris Wade - who does he play for.
    Announcer 2: I can't recall, but I will have it in one second....Dwayne Wade plays for Miami and is from Miami as well. <I'm pretty sure he is from Chicago>

Announcer 1: Yao is hurt. He sprained his ankle.
    Announcer 2: Was it his ankle or was it his foot. <if you were looking for an injury in a basketball game, I would think knee and ankle sprains would be tied for first and foot sprains being way down the list closer to decapitation>

Announcer 1: I'm sorry, that was Kobe Bryant and not Dwayne Wade.
    Announcer 2: It's not difficult to get Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade confused. <if you watch much basketball, they look nothing alike>

As Dwight Howard steps to the line for a FT; Announcer 2: Howard rarely if ever misses freethrows <Howard is about a 60% shooter from the line>

Announcer 1: I still wish they wouldn't get all these tattoos.

It will be interesting to see if they continue to dog Melo for the entire tournament.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast