Your allowed to Protest here...but you'l still be arrested..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Really? Well that's absolutely shocking. Who would expect something like that after the Three Gorges Dam. Let's all boycott the Olympics and penalize all the athletes that have worked for years to show their stuff. That's a much better idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    Who cares that they evicted 1.25million people from their houses in Beijing.
    Well, I know I don't.

"Who cares that they evicted 1.25million people from their houses in Beijing."

.....and out of those 1.25 million, how many are actually less well off now? (that is the real question!!!!)

As for the Three Gorges Dam, many were displaced and many were actually happy to be move to some cleaner and newer places build for them (I am not denying it, some would of course have preferred to stay and are now in more precarious situation), but I seriously doubt that it is the case of the 1.25 million you are mentionning....

so where is your TV guide again?

Last edited by Mat; 14-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.

From the BBC website:
    BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China 'yet to approve protests'

"China has received a total of 77 applications to stage protests during the Olympic Games period - but none has been approved.

Beijing's public security bureau said 74 applications were "withdrawn", two were "suspended" and one was "vetoed"."

Most excellent..hope they keep it up.. Maybe London will learn something good... Keep out the rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Most excellent..hope they keep it up.. Maybe London will learn something good... Keep out the rabble rousers
    Yes, the world is in safe hands with people with an attitude like yours. Of course, sitting in your purified air, no one would expect you to empathise.

They really missed an opportunity to look good you know. A few people protesting about stuff nobody was interested in would have never made much news, but reporters reporting that China had allowed it would have been huge! And positive! Somebody ought to explain how this "face" stuff looks from the outside.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    Yes, the world is in safe hands with people with an attitude like yours. Of course, sitting in your purified air, no one would expect you to empathise.
    Ahh indeed the world would be such a better place with protests at the Olympics... It would change our lives forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    They really missed an opportunity to look good you know.
    From where I'm standing, they're looking pretty good... Dominating the gold medal tally, some incredible world record performances, a new King as been crowned(Phelps). I don't know what else someone would want from the Olympics...

Oh yeah of course, where's my head...protesters in the street...That would have been the crowning success!

You miss the point (as usual). Being Freedom, not protest.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast