Your allowed to Protest here...but you'l still be arrested..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

I have gilleshk blocked permanently and I am a happier poster because of it.

I strongly urge all of you to do the same.

what's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by chowfun:

Maybe we should all block you, don't you think?

Funny how some people advocate so much the "FREEDOM of Speech" but whenever other people have different opinion that theirs, they'd rather block them instead of trying to debate with them....

Quote Originally Posted by chowfun:

Shouldn't do that. Sometimes you will find yourself agreeing with him, I know I do.

If everyone had the same opinion about everything, this site would be almost useless.

At least he argues his points, rather than dropping red boxes and running.

It's an honor to be despised by some Wasn't there a thread about bad hair and bad teeth somewhere???

Perhaps a tutorial on how to ignore me would be helpful?

Last edited by gilleshk; 25-08-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Maybe we should all block you, don't you think?

Funny how some people advocate so much the "FREEDOM of Speech" but whenever other people have different opinion that theirs, they'd rather block them instead of trying to debate with them....
    Touche! I seriously considered blocking chowfun some time ago but believe, like the other posters, that tis better to stand and fight than be an ostrich! And besides, it's the dissent (and sometimes sheer idiocy) that makes the threads interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I don't particularly want to get into this, but...

Choosing to 'ignore a user' has absolutely nothing in common with censorship or freedom of speech. So stop that nonsense.

If chowfun was somehow censoring Gilles' free speech, he would be blocking anyone from reading Gilles' words. All he is in effect doing is sticking his fingers in his ears to drown out the perpetual whining of Gilles, which is absolutely his right.

Still, as much as I'd like to, setting other users to ignore misses half the fun of online arguments which (when Gilles is involved) never end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamton:
    Still, as much as I'd like to, setting other users to ignore misses half the fun of online arguments which (when Gilles is involved) never end.
    It takes two to tango

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Touche! I seriously considered blocking chowfun some time ago but believe, like the other posters, that tis better to stand and fight than be an ostrich! And besides, it's the dissent (and sometimes sheer idiocy) that makes the threads interesting!
    Exactly!!

How boring would this be if everyone just went around saying "I agree, good point, wish I had said it." Or, to take it another step, how boring would everything be?
    Sometimes you learn from opposite opinions and sometimes (horrors!) you even change your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamton:
    I don't particularly want to get into this, but...

Choosing to 'ignore a user' has absolutely nothing in common with censorship or freedom of speech. So stop that nonsense.

If chowfun was somehow censoring Gilles' free speech, he would be blocking anyone from reading Gilles' words. All he is in effect doing is sticking his fingers in his ears to drown out the perpetual whining of Gilles, which is absolutely his right.

If you do not want to get into this, they why bother replying....

If you want to get into this, then why using sentences such as "I don't particularly want to get into this, but..." just answer and that will be good enough

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast