Beijing Olympics - Closing Ceremony

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A bit disappointed with the closing, tho I suppose it was always gona be hard to follow the spectacular opening.

The London part was a bit poor too. The Chinese got it right with all the miming. Leona was awful, and I'm a fan of hers!!

Plus the whole point of Beckham kicking that ball was...? THe only highlight of that was watching the Chinese guy scrambling for the ball!

Anyway, twas a good Olympic games. China can be happy/proud of themselves! Now, they can go and sort out Sichuan hey!

Yeah the Beckham thing was a real let down....

fm7

Boris Johnson was embarrassing to watch.

"Hands, my God, I have hands! What do I do with them? Do I wave? Do I put them in my trouser pockets, or coat pockets? Do I salute? Do I use them to punch myself in the face? Oh, hell, the flag thing! How do I wave this? Oh no, it's stuck? Here boy, take this thing away and bring me a gin..."

Quote Originally Posted by fm7:
    Boris Johnson was embarrassing to watch.

"Hands, my God, I have hands! What do I do with them? Do I wave? Do I put them in my trouser pockets, or coat pockets? Do I salute? Do I use them to punch myself in the face? Oh, hell, the flag thing! How do I wave this? Oh no, it's stuck? Here boy, take this thing away and bring me a gin..."
    that's the charm of the bloke, with all the boring straight faced politicians and officials we have to endure Boris is a wonderful breath of fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    that's the charm of the bloke, with all the boring straight faced politicians and officials we have to endure Boris is a wonderful breath of fresh air
    I was just glad he didn't have to give a speech! His appearances on Have I Got News For You are classics.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I was just glad he didn't have to give a speech! His appearances on Have I Got News For You are classics.
    I was hoping for a speech for that very reason! Would have been very amusing - and refreshing! probably something along the lines of.. "urr right, well you lot have had your party now, so be a good chap and hand over that flag old boy.."

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    I was hoping for a speech for that very reason! Would have been very amusing - and refreshing! probably something along the lines of.. "urr right, well you lot have had your party now, so be a good chap and hand over that flag old boy.."
    I saw a bit of one he gave in Beijing about how the British invented table tennis. "The French looked at the dining table and all they thought of was food, the British looked at it and invented Ping Pong, that is why we are the home of sport. Ping Pong is coming home." You can't help but love the bloke I admit.

Boris Johnson's after party speech was a particular highlight: Wiff Waff's coming home!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ]YouTube - Boris Johnson 'Ping Pong' Speech[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I saw a bit of one he gave in Beijing about how the British invented table tennis. "The French looked at the dining table and all they thought of was food, the British looked at it and invented Ping Pong, that is why we are the home of sport. Ping Pong is coming home." You can't help but love the bloke I admit.
    brilliant

Compare Boris speeches with those of PM Brown, and you'll see why Boris is a breath of fresh air in UK politics. Boris for PM i say. Hear hear!