Like Tree76Likes

South China Sea 2015

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Boohoohoo (that's me crying my eyes out )
    in all seriousness, you want a debate but I'm not going to give you one. Sorry, I respect your opinion though.
    But the more you call me out the more it sounds like you want to have a fight behind the schoolyard. Just because the other one declines to go head to head don't necessarily make him a loser.
    No it just makes you sound as you have nothing to argue with. Since when has asking you to defend your view been challenging you to a playground fight? It is just normal debate but you know you can't defend the indefensible so instead resort to red herrings. If you are not willing to debate then best not join in the discussion in the first place.

Call it what u want. Since nothing I can say will have any effect on how you think, there is little point now is there.
    But to call you out, what are Phillipenes claims then? (Assuming you are standing behind their claims). And why would their claim be more 'legal' in your view?

The same old problem with geoexpat, people simply can't disagree on the points, they must hurl personal insults against each other. Why can't we all just get along, disagree without getting personal? Is that really too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    The same old problem with geoexpat, people simply can't disagree on the points, they must hurl personal insults against each other. Why can't we all just get along, disagree without getting personal? Is that really too hard?
    What personal insults?

Call it what u want. Since nothing I can say will have any effect on how you think, there is little point now is there.
    But to call you out, what are Phillipenes claims then? (Assuming you are standing behind their claims). And why would their claim be more 'legal' in your view?
    Another attempt to change the topic rather than deal with the issue. I will leave it UNCLOS. I have no idea what the official Philippine claim is nor those of Vietnam, Taiwan and all the other countries involved. A simple look at the map shows the Chinese 9 dash line claim to be beyond unreasonable however and claiming a 12 mile zone around underwater rocks is internationally illegal. If you do not dispute either of those facts then we have no argument, if you do then I would love to see your reasoning. A civilised discussion that is all.
    Last edited by hullexile; 30-10-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Open Casket likes this.

oh I'm not challenging you on the nine dash line because we both know you and I disagree on that point.
    What is your opinion about the nine dash line?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What personal insults?
    Precisely the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    What is your opinion about the nine dash line?
    My opinion about it is most likely all parties have truths on why they have a claim. Do I agree with it that China claims all? No I don't. But neither do I agree with that China has no claim whatsoever.
    But that's the stake here isn't it. All or nothing.
    Best choice, no one can may claim it for 500 years. Hopefully the human race by then is more civil and mostly equal.

My opinion about it is most likely all parties have truths on why they have a claim. Do I agree with it that China claims all? No I don't. But neither do I agree with that China has no claim whatsoever.
    But that's the stake here isn't it. All or nothing.
    Best choice, no one can may claim it for 500 years. Hopefully the human race by then is more civil and mostly equal.
    There is a map which shows each country with their normal coastal waters and a lump in the middle which is left as international waters. This seems the obvious solution but China has rejected it as they are insisting on all waters and islands in all of the South China Sea up to a few miles of all other countries. None of the countries can possibly accept this, no country in the world would. Until China is willing to constructively approach the issue we are looking at edging towards war. A war in my opinion totally of China's making. The building of the artificial islands to support military bases is so provocative that part of me thinks that the intention is to trigger a war perhaps to give them a cover to invade Taiwan.
    Open Casket and bookblogger like this.

Unfortunately states are claiming it and some are being more aggressive than others in their approach. The issue surely is not the overlapping claims but the methodologies that are being used to stoke up nationalism, artificially reclaim islands and treat them as sovereign land, sinking fishing boats, conducting live round training drills, drill for hydrocarbons etc.

Again, the overlapping claims are not the issue. The use of aggressive tactics and stirring up nationalistic vitriol is the issue. This is predominantly being done buy one of the claimants and this is the issue.

Do you condemn the use of excessively aggressive actions and the stoking of nationalistic hatred within some of the claimant countries?
    Open Casket likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast