Like Tree76Likes

South China Sea 2015

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    All the US is doing is showing China that they don't own the South China Sea. Sorry China, you might be able to bully Vietnam & the Philipines but it's not going to work against the US. You can talk tough all you want, but we all know the South China Sea is international waters and the USA won't let you steal it.

Are you the US Navy spokesperson?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 30-10-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    Hurtmesome likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Tiny. Can you imagine, seriously imagine, the USA going to war in this region again? I wish it wasn't true, but China has got the whole world by the balls. We (the west) are like the dirtiest junkies when it comes to China...piling on debt to get our precious cheap consumer goods. Give the kids a choice between affordable smartphones and giving a shit who owns some water in Asia...we care because we live in the region, nobody else gives a shit.
    Very remote but can you imagine if a US ship got sunk? To be honest I am more concerned (but still not much) about what is happening underwater. Chinese, American, Australian, Vietnamese and probably other submarines all sitting there. Easy to imagine an incident occuring. More chance of me being killed in an earthquake though so it is not going to keep me awake at night. Good night all.
    Lord Dashwood and Cho-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    any country will defend its sovereignty if possible. Even China. Is China's sovereignty being invaded? According to you that ain't the issue...
    So you are suggesting every natation with overlapping claims should ramp up their aggression levels and not seek legal recourse to determine if your claim is justified.

Tiny. Can you imagine, seriously imagine, the USA going to war in this region again? I wish it wasn't true, but China has got the whole world by the balls. We (the west) are like the dirtiest junkies when it comes to China...piling on debt to get our precious cheap consumer goods. Give the kids a choice between affordable smartphones and giving a shit who owns some water in Asia...we care because we live in the region, nobody else gives a shit.
    Doesn't Japan hold more US debt than China but the world doesn't fear Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Doesn't Japan hold more US debt than China but the world doesn't fear Japan.
    Not sure where to begin?

Okay, you (the USA) owe money to Peter and Paul. You owe Peter $100 and you owe Paul $120. Paul is a really nice guy and, frankly, you've had your boot on his neck and a pillow in his mouth since 1945...China, on the other hand, is an extremely powerful chap and has guns...nowhere near as aggressive as you, but it's the quiet ones isn't it? Further, there's that dirty little addiction you have, and guess you your Daddy is?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    So you are suggesting every natation with overlapping claims should ramp up their aggression levels and not seek legal recourse to determine if your claim is justified.
    EC, if you want me to respect you as a person and respect your opinion even though we disagree, then clean up your act.
    I'm not suggesting anything, you ask me something and I awnsered it. How does that come to I suggest any of that crap you posted? Find someone else to bullshit on yea? Have a nice day

EC, if you want me to respect your opinion even though we disagree, then clean up your act.
    I have not given an opinion in this thread as far as I am aware.

I'm not suggesting anything, you ask me something and I awnsered it.
    Your answer related only to one country. I was not being country specific.

How does that come to I suggest any of that crap you posted?
    Just trying to clarify your opinion in a regional rather than country context as this is a regional issue. Only looking at the issue from the perspective of one country probably requires more reading around the subject from the various biased positioned.

So to try to clarify - are you suggesting it is acceptable for only the largest country region should use aggressive tactics and whip up nationalistic vitriol at home.

Okay, you (the USA) owe money to Peter and Paul. You owe Peter $100 and you owe Paul $120. Paul is a really nice guy and, frankly, you've had your boot on his neck and a pillow in his mouth since 1945
    Does this imagery really reflect US / Japan relations?

Eh? The USA had it's ass handed to it in Korea and Vietnam...China vs. USA on China's turf...you've got to be an American to even imagine winning that one.
    Eh? Who is talking about war on China's turf? It's about maintaining the free shipping lanes in the South China Sea & that is in everyone's best interest.

Labor in China is quickly becoming more expensive & the population is rapidly becoming old. Cheap manufacturing is and will continue to move towards countries with cheaper labor ( Vietnam ).

This is partly why the US engaged in the TPP. While it is true the US will always be addicted to cheap crap, they are realizing it all all doesn't have to come from China.
    Skyhook likes this.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast