Like Tree76Likes

South China Sea 2015

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

It looks like the airstrip is almost complete, building airports in international waters ?

so much for the peaceful rise

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    would you be ok with the UN deciding ?
    Something came up last week. The UN you place so much faith in (and who can't even resolve issues in Palestine, so what you expect it to do over inhabited islands), deliberately let Srebrenica fall. Both France and Britain had pressed the U.S. not to give the Dutch blue helmet troops air support. Result was the massacre of over 8000 civilians
    The price paid: 340 British and French soldiers.
    The UN isn't as neutral as you might hope.

Will need translate for the link below:
    Dit is waarom Dutchbatters geen luchtsteun kregen bij Srebrenica - Elsevier.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Something came up last week. The UN you place so much faith in (and who can't even resolve issues in Palestine, so what you expect it to do over inhabited islands), deliberately let Srebrenica fall. Both France and Britain had pressed the U.S. not to give the Dutch blue helmet troops air support. Result was the massacre of over 8000 civilians
    The price paid: 340 British and French soldiers.
    The UN isn't as neutral as you might hope.
    l
    I'm not a huge fan of the UN btw... but when two or more countries lay claim to a piece of land, what better way is there to sort it out?

I'm all ears...

I'm not a huge fan of the UN btw... but when two or more countries lay claim to a piece of land, what better way is there to sort it out?

I'm all ears...
    do you seriously believe there is a happy ending?
    Best thing that may happen is that it stays unclaimed by all everyone. But as all parties (trust me, China isn't the only one) are gearing up for hostile occupation. Just hope no regional, or even worse, WWIII emerge from this.

Best thing that may happen is that it stays unclaimed by all everyone. But as all parties (trust me, China isn't the only one) are gearing up for hostile occupation. Just hope no regional, or even worse, WWIII emerge from this.
    You didn't answer the question. If you were the President of the Philippines what would you do if not go to the UN?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You didn't answer the question. If you were the President of the Philippines what would you do if not go to the UN?
    Go see the Prez of USA/Japan and Vietnam. isn't that what he has done?

All parties ? Philipines tried to resolve this peacefully, it was China that pulled out

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/06/china-territorial-dispute-philippines

All parties ? Philipines tried to resolve this peacefully, it was China that pulled out

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/06/china-territorial-dispute-philippines
    again the UN. Of which I have shown they play the same dirty games as any government. China disputes a neutral stance from the UN. The U.S. has many allies in the UN and the U.S. is allies with the Philippines.
    Would u play a game if u already knew u would lose?

again the UN. Of which I have shown they play the same dirty games as any government. China disputes a neutral stance from the UN. The U.S. has many allies in the UN and the U.S. is allies with the Philippines.
    Would u play a game if u already knew u would lose?
    They know they would lose because they haven't got a leg to stand on and the threat of force is so much easier.
    Open Casket likes this.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast