Like Tree387Likes

China is a basket case....

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    I have reported your seditious comment to the Department of Harmony

It hasn't been a good 2-3 years in reality
    The totality of my HK experience. The last year has certainly been an interesting one to end it on. But even in all of that I have really enjoyed my time here.

Quote Original Post:
    The totality of my HK experience. The last year has certainly been an interesting one to end it on. But even in all of that I have really enjoyed my time here.
    Many people were hopeful for China. It was normalising gradually and becoming a better country. During this lost years under Xi it is just Fear, Debt and Nationalism. All quite sad.

Quote Original Post:
    Many people were hopeful for China. It was normalising gradually and becoming a better country. During this lost years under Xi it is just Fear, Debt and Nationalism. All quite sad.
    I don;t understand why he does not get disappeared. Surely someone could get close enough!

The time is now, take the advantage. I'm an avid proponent of free trade, but the CCP takes the piss ignoring their side of every international treaty for trade and human rights. With the US forefront, and now the UK and Australia slowly speaking out, now is the time for the international community to return the CCP to the 1970s where Xi seems to want to be and let the Chinese people sort it out. Western economies should warn their companies it's time to get out, and the CCP that if they think the Chinese economy can support itself from internal GDP and internal travel only, good luck.

A new alliance is envisaged by the UK: the D10 group. This would be made up of the G7 democracies plus Australia, South Korea and India.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...roach-to-china

Quote Original Post:
    Basket case China has research capabilities to hareness the world's deadly viruses.

Will China�s scientists� breakthrough sound death knell for world�s deadly viruses? | South China Morning Post
    Corrected for you

In the latest in a series of online controversies, the Chinese embassy in France claimed its official Twitter account had been hacked after it featured a cartoon depicting the US as Death, knocking on a door marked Hong Kong after leaving a trail of blood outside doors marked Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine and Venezuela. The inclusion in the image of a Star of David on the scythe also prompted accusations of anti-Semitism

“Someone posted a false image on our official Twitter account by posting a cartoon entitled ‘Who is Next?’. The embassy would like to condemn it and always abides by the principles of truthfulness, objectivity and rationality of information,” it said on Monday.
    LOL, "hacked"
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...e-social-media
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Last edited by Skyhook; 31-05-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Put this in the US protests post but fits nicely here too...

https://twitter.com/cgtnofficial/sta...922896896?s=21

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast