Tim Hortons expands into China

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Ah, thanks you. Never heard of J Co
    You may have missed this thread (from late December 2016):

https://geoexpat.com/forum/211/thread341732.html

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Are the ones in HK cooked fresh? Here there is a conveyor belt, cook the doughnuts, cover/fill, sell. Queue out the door at times selling 12 or more per person. Last time I was there, couple of weeks ago, people were having to wait 20 minutes for large orders. Not like there is no choice here, loads of the usual doughnut shops.
    No idea. I was in Wanchai running some errands and passed by it. Having heard all the fuss I popped in. No line and all the doughnuts were sitting in display cases. Highly doubt they had been made anytime recently. Maybe I just got unlucky? Anyway I'm not usually around any of their shop locations and I won't be making a special trip to return.

I guess a taste of home might be appealing for some and the novelty of trying something different will appeal to others, but one thing Hong Kong does not lack is a good selection of sweet pastries (buns, egg custards, etc). It'll be tough sledding for Tim Horton's if they decide to open up shop in the Fragrant Harbor in addition to the Mainland.

I guess this is off the menu now the daughter of a princling has been arrested in Canada?

Tim Horton's coffee is shit. It is disgusting instant rubbish that only a cheap Canadian could enjoy. Normal Canadians hate the shit too.

monomono likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Tim Horton's coffee is shit. It is disgusting instant rubbish that only a cheap Canadian could enjoy. Normal Canadians hate the shit too.
    It's not about the coffee, but all the baked goods. Timbits are life!

Quote Originally Posted by SannyJ:
    Timbits are life!
    A life of obesity and diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    A life of obesity and diabetes.
    If you have no self control...
    shri and aw451 like this.

Not a coffee drinker myself, but the soups are quite heart-warming especially on a cold day (donuts are tasty too)

Just wondering if anyone here has been to any of their shops in China. Is it successful so far and any chance of it coming Hong Kong any time soon?