Like Tree112Likes

China Trade War - Tarrifs, Tarrifs and more Tarrifs

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

The 'world' is not exactly a big fan of Trump... If I am certain that I will be in the greater China region long term I might just go back home next November and vote for Trump. It is beneficial to China in the long term. China's behavior can be a bit paranoid but it is nearly always rational and predictable. You can't say the same about Trump and no one likes the unpredictable.

Also It doesn't matter in absolute terms how much pain an economy can take. Of course the U.S. economy will be more resilient. However what matters more is the economic pain a government is willing to take and I will be happy to bet on China in that regard.

Anyway my firm is putting money where the mouth is and betting hard on China...and we are an American bulge bracket (though arguably Anglo-American).

I hope they can make a deal soon. 401K isn't looking too good for a lot of people.
    Maybe China should learn from Japan a little bit. Just make some concessions as long as it's not too ridiculous.
    They were clearly not prepared. Clean up the IP theft issue, it'll be good for them too in the future.

Original Post Deleted
    China will not be isolated. Not while there is money to be earned.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    China will not be isolated. Not while there is money to be earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Steve Bannon...I don't know man, he....might not be the most credible guy to discuss China. It's no secret the guy is shady and has an agenda, so whatever he says need to be to taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 28-08-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Was that posted as a serious point or a joke?

Original Post Deleted
    Talk about Hong Kong, meanwhile outside their door.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190825...testers-summit

It's a distraction man. And you fell for it. Perhaps G7 leaders could address the crowd outside. Perhaps they're unwilling to face up to their demands.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Talk about Hong Kong, meanwhile outside their door.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190825...testers-summit

It's a distraction man. And you fell for it. Perhaps G7 leaders could address the crowd outside. Perhaps they're unwilling to face up to their demands.
    Or they could face their electorates at the ballot box. Give Hong Kong universal suffrage and the protesters would not have as much credibility.
    TheBrit, Coolboy and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Or they could face their electorates at the ballot box. Give Hong Kong universal suffrage and the protesters would not have as much credibility.
    It was given to them. They voted it down. Now they complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Steve Bannon...I don't know man, he....might not be the most credible guy to discuss China. It's no secret the guy is shady and has an agenda, so whatever he says need to be to taken with a grain of salt.
    Ha ha now that really is the kettle calling the pot black ! When you look at the combined finance elite of this world, they are all shady if you were privileged enough to sit in on what really goes on in closed room boardrooms across the world.

' The Secret of a great success for which you are at a loss to account is a crime that has never been found out, because it was properly executed.' - Honoré de Balzac

Also what Steve says ( he has lived and worked in Shanghai so he has ' some ' experience ) he mentions a very relevant book as he talks on this clip, "Unrestricted Warfare by Qiao Liang & Wang Xiangsui." A pretty relevant book in my opinion as it does correlate a distinct course trajectory, as the west has systematically deindustrialised itself, albeit losing its manufacturing independence / skills base, quite rapidly over the last 20 years. Not a good position to be in

Let's see how the next decade unfolds, my personal gut feeling is it is going to be a pretty rough ride between 2020 - 2030.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 28-08-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast