Like Tree25Likes

China Coal

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    As I have said before I agree with you, China clearly has a vastly bigger impact. I am not arguing over that. I have not said anything against that conclusion because I agree with it. ALL I am saying, and I would have thought this fell under stating the bloody obvious, is that having the per capita or per GDP or whatever measure helps in comparing countries. So small countries who OK do not contribute a significant percentage of global emissions are in no position to point fingers until they get their own house in order.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    As I have said before I agree with you, China clearly has a vastly bigger impact. I am not arguing over that. I have not said anything against that conclusion because I agree with it. ALL I am saying, and I would have thought this fell under stating the bloody obvious, is that having the per capita or per GDP or whatever measure helps in comparing countries. So small countries who OK do not contribute a significant percentage of global emissions are in no position to point fingers until they get their own house in order.
    Australians have never had a nuclear facility and there is just no point because there is so much low cost coal sitting in the ground waiting to be dug out. 80% of what we dig gets sold to the rest of the world, we use 20% for ourselves, and that's pretty much it. You can't blame us for high per capita usage when we have so much of the stuff just sitting under our feet can you? We also have heaps of natural gas and other resources like this. We should probably do some manufacturing or something value added with all the resources we have and then we would probably be the richest country on earth. But we are too f*cking lazy, we prefer to just dig it out of the ground and give it to other countries and let them do the value adding.

oh too bad, this time china didn't take the lead in this huge carbon footprint, no worries she will soon be on the top!

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...on-footprints/

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    oh too bad, this time china didn't take the lead in this huge carbon footprint, no worries she will soon be on the top!

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...on-footprints/
    it's not clear if those charts accounts for all the products made in China for export/consumption in US/UK/EU etc. It is cheaper to build phones, computers, etc. in China, and also keep the related energy use and emissions counted as local China emission.

Original Post Deleted
    If someone was farting a lot and telling a group who fart a lot less on an individual basis but obviously more as a group to cut the farts down would just be rude.

Looking just at total output makes it someone else's problem. That isn't helpful