Like Tree15Likes

Is this the beginning of the end of Xi Jinping?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this the beginning of the end of Xi Jinping?

Well, expect more news of political officials of the CCP to be caught with bribery charges or soliciting sex within the next few weeks.

I can imagine Xi Jinping acting like Bill Kim in Prison Break: "Damage control, now! Before hits the front page! Start a wildfire in Florida or find a shipping container full of terrorists, I DO NOT CARE, as long as it isn't about ______"

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Well, expect more news of political officials of the CCP to be caught with bribery charges or soliciting sex within the next few weeks.
    Starting with this expelled professor of course. Although being a woman, its harder to believe a "soliciting sex" charge will stick. But then I suppose if the CCP wants to get you, they can invent all sort of charges.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 18-08-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Q: You said in your remarks that many people in the party “know what is going on in their hearts” and that there must be reform. How common is this view?

A: I think within the CCP 70%, and among middle- and high-level officials the proportion may be even higher.

Strong words.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-and-a-country

Supposedly they have freer communication inside the party school.

As to the title of the thread, I note it is not your 1st...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/390151b0...q9bo1_1280.jpg

2021 with no Xi and no Trump... an enticing prospect.

I fear we will only be rid of the latter though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    2021 with no Xi and no Trump... an enticing prospect.

I fear we will only be rid of the latter though.
    More chance of Xi going than Trump... The former is destroying his country, the latter appears to be (insanely) the only line of fence against his country being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    More chance of Xi going than Trump... The former is destroying his country, the latter appears to be (insanely) the only line of fence against his country being destroyed.
    Riiiiiiight.
    Gatts, shri and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Riiiiiiight.
    I might have to un-block Mr Chips on the back of that quote. Insanely is right, but so is the other part of the comment. The guy is an idiot doing everything wrong, but history may actually decide he bungled his way into the right answer re covid, particularly if there is no vaccine soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast