Like Tree34Likes

China's Reckoning - YouTube Series

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I hope it happens but it looks unlikely. China would be a better country for it.
    Concretely, do you propose?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Concretely, do you propose?
    Sadly I can only hope and suspect given the current rhetoric China will continue to miss opportunities. But I will hope.

Sadly I can only hope and suspect given the current rhetoric China will continue to miss opportunities. But I will hope.
    But what are these opportunities of which you speak, specifically? What can a government do to improve acceptance of outsiders in a society?

But what are these opportunities of which you speak, specifically? What can a government do to improve acceptance of outsiders in a society?
    Thread thread is about the demographics issues China is facing. Most confident countries with an aging population will open the doors to young immigrants.

Thread thread is about the demographics issues China is facing. Most confident countries with an aging population will open the doors to young immigrants.
    You seem to be avoiding the question.

What measures can the government of China take to help increase acceptance of immigration among the population at large? This obviously assumes allowing immigration to begin with.

You seem to be avoiding the question.

What measures can the government of China take to help increase acceptance of immigration among the population at large? This obviously assumes allowing immigration to begin with.
    Many and at all levels of society.

And countless papers on the subject.
    https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/..._ON_RACISM.pdf
    https://apolitical.co/en/solution_ar...e-based-policy
    https://www.racialequitytools.org/re...slative-change

I'm not reading three research papers, please give a "TL; DR"-style summarised set of bullet points

I'm not reading three research papers, please give a "TL; DR"-style summarised set of bullet points
    If you think a few bullet points can make a country more open to different races I think that may indicate a problem from the get go.

If you think a few bullet points can make a country more open to different races I think that may indicate a problem from the get go.
    If you can't summarise the solution succinctly, you won't be able to deliver it either

If you can't summarise the solution succinctly, you won't be able to deliver it either
    Is it even capturing accurately the extent of the issue to begin with though?