Like Tree71Likes

Taiwan is a basket case ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    The BBC's entire business model these days seems to be bashing China, and even they have acknowledged it.

Sorry, but China has won this one.
    The BBC write a lot of bollocks but as I said outside China very few are going to see it that way.

Anyway this should be about humanity not which country "wins". The fact that countries and people see it as winning or losing against other countries is so sad and why the earth is as fucked up as it is

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The BBC write a lot of bollocks but as I said outside China very few are going to see it that way.

Anyway this should be about humanity not which country "wins". The fact that countries and people see it as winning or losing against other countries is so sad and why the earth is as fucked up as it is
    I completely agree, sad but true.

If Taiwan was not so concerned about 'losing' they would have accepted the vaccines already and be getting their people protected

Well I agree, but it's clearly a propaganda victory for the mainland and no wonder they are milking it!
    Can you explain how you have measured this victory?

I completely agree, sad but true.

If China was not so concerned about 'losing' they would have allow the vaccines already order to be delivered and be getting their people protected
    Or conversely
    hullexile and TheBrit like this.

If Taiwan was not so concerned about 'losing' they would have accepted the vaccines already and be getting their people protected
    What is your motivation? We know why the wumao's relentless praise CCP - they are paid to do so. They sound stupid and ill-informed but they don't care as they get paid.

Why are you so keen to sound biased, stupid and ill-informed?

As the accusations fly, some residents are taking up Beijing’s offer anyway, by travelling to the Chinese mainland to get a jab. But a travel agent arranging those trips says most who go have a mainland connection, and it could be too costly otherwise.
    One difference (of many) between China and Taiwan. In Taiwan there is open criticism of the government's handing of the situation.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    One difference (of many) between China and Taiwan. In Taiwan there is open criticism of the government's handing of the situation.
    I'm not sure that this is a difference? When people thought the government in China was covering it up, there was a lot of criticism, internally and abroad.

Since then, for the most part, people in China have been very, very happy with how their country has handled the situation.

These poor sods don't realize they'll have to re-jabbed again in Taiwan/elsewhere sooner or later with an actual effective vaccine.

Since then, for the most part, people in China have been very, very happy with how their country has handled the situation.
    That's the point exactly as they are being kept in the dark.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast