Like Tree71Likes

Taiwan is a basket case ...

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,286
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I don't know if it is true, and I will withhold judgement until there is solid evidence either way.

    But like many other China rumours (lab leaks, weaponised viruses etc...) I *strongly suspect* it is nonsense that certain credulous foreigners are slightly too quick to parrot.
    Taiwanese are foreigners?? Better be careful what you say ...

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,622
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Since then, for the most part, people in China have been very, very happy with how their country has handled the situation.
    The oxygen thief strikes again. I'm sure everyone is completely free to discuss this and criticise CCP freely in China. No consequences for that at all.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    There's definitely some hypocrisy in western reporting about China, but I'm curious, are you saying China did NOT block vaccine distribution to Taiwan? I believe this is pretty widely documented. China itself is pretty open about keeping Taiwan out of organizations so that any health decisions have to be made by Shanghai (if I remember correctly). Taiwan is part of China and all, right?

    I guess my question is then, are you saying that this isn't true, or just that you don't like that it's true? Or that it's true but normal/good? Just clarifying.
    He doesn't have a fucking clue. Just like everything else he writes, it's all factless, pointless agenda-driven rubbish.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,656
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    He doesn't have a fucking clue. Just like everything else he writes, it's all factless, pointless agenda-driven rubbish.
    Charisma Man @TheBrit strikes again.

    Do you have nothing better to do with your time in Japan than spout invectives on a Hong Kong expat forum?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,622
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Charisma Man @TheBrit strikes again.

    Do you have nothing better to do with your time in Japan than spout invectives on a Hong Kong expat forum?
    Do you have nothing better to do with your time in Hong Kong than to spout relentless pointless stupid pro-CCP propaganda?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    22,682
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I don't know if it is true, and I will withhold judgement until there is solid evidence either way.

    But like many other China rumours (lab leaks, weaponised viruses etc...) I *strongly suspect* it is nonsense that certain credulous foreigners are slightly too quick to parrot.
    Surely you posted something that made little sense given the news stories and statements from the Taiwanese government. People are not parroting but correcting your view which looks wrong.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,656
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Surely you posted something that made little sense given the news stories and statements from the Taiwanese government. People are not parroting but correcting your view which looks wrong.
    And I'm sure you have a link to back that up... Please provide it to us.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    22,682
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    And I'm sure you have a link to back that up... Please provide it to us.
    Have you not read the thread you started?
    William06, alexdown, shri and 1 others like this.

  9. #39

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    44,437
    How does this contribute to the basket case scenario?
    emx and Insomnia like this.

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast