Like Tree120Likes

China's leadership seems to have gone slightly nuts

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by binance345:
    Because the Confucian culture of East Asia emphasizes hard work and cooperation, and places great value on individual achievement, they want their children to receive the best education possible, no matter how poor they are. This culture also fostered their business ambition and entrepreneurial spirit. This gives them a society with an educated population and an entrepreneurial spirit, which makes it difficult to be poor.
    I appreciate your thoughts and perspectives which is something different from my own. However, I find it hard to take the rest of the points seriously after associating Confucianism with hard work and cooperation - as if - this is only unique to Confucianism - and not other philosophies applied in other parts of the world (don't get me started on ray dalio and his confucianism bullshit but i digress).

The same with business ambition and entrepreneurial spirit. Your post makes it sounds like there are no entrepreneurs nor ambitions elsewhere in the world, when in fact, we know it is with at least practiced with equal vigor.
    AsianXpat0, shri and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    I appreciate your thoughts and perspectives which is something different from my own. However, I find it hard to take the rest of the points seriously after associating Confucianism with hard work and cooperation - as if - this is only unique to Confucianism - and not other philosophies applied in other parts of the world (don't get me started on ray dalio and his confucianism bullshit but i digress).

The same with business ambition and entrepreneurial spirit. Your post makes it sounds like there are no entrepreneurs nor ambitions elsewhere in the world, when in fact, we know it is with at least practiced with equal vigor.
    "Protestant work ethic" for example.
    Coolboy likes this.

Nowadays there’s as much danger in overrating China as in underrating it. Not sure being reactionary is an innate cultural advantage either. Agreed though they have ambitious goals and need to be carefully watched.

shri, Coolboy and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:

I am only pointing out some of the advantages of the society of Confucianism, but I am not saying that other cultures do not have these characteristics. At the same time, Confucianism also has many problems, especially in Japanese and Korean societies, but this is already off-topic, so I did not bother to bring it up more.

I did not bother to bring it up more.
    Thank you.
    hullexile and hongkong7 like this.

Confucianism also has many problems, especially in Japanese and Korean societies
    This sounds casually racist. Care to elaborate?

Is CCP Party-state going Full Dada only "slightly nuts" or "utterly mad"?

(Thread)
    https://twitter.com/neilthomas123/st...41094321246215

Name:  Xi Dada outfoxing everyone and everything.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  25.3 KB

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    Is CCP Party-state going Full Dada only "slightly nuts" or "utterly mad"?

(Thread)
    https://twitter.com/neilthomas123/st...41094321246215

It used to be regarded as an exaggeration to say Xi is the next Mao. Mao of course at the height of his power was pretty much an emperor. His word was law. If he wants someone gone, then they will pretty much disappear from the face of the earth, most likely six feet under some makeshift burial site. No one in China can even harbour so much as a shred of doubt on his rule. And with his absolute power came the murderous chaos of the Cultural Revolution.

Compared to Mao, sure Xi at first didn't seem anywhere as bad. Yes, Xi seem to display an extra dictatorial bent compared to his immediate predecessors Hu and Jiang. But his anti-corruption campaign did enjoy genuine popularity from the masses, who for too long were subjected to the corrupt and flagrant abuse of power by local CCP officials.

But then, after Xi has been secured on his throne, you can say his true colours began to reveal itself. Now, with no limits to how long he can remain president, his rivals purged and eliminated, waging a crackdown on private firms and everyone in the party pretty much directly answerable to him alone, is it still such an exaggeration to call him the next Mao?
    Last edited by Coolboy; 05-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.

shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think this belongs here
    I enjoyed this one:

Resolutely guard against the infiltration of Western ideology
    hongkong7 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast