Like Tree121Likes

Beijing 2022 - Winter Olympics News

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Australia, with almost no snow, finished 18th (4 medals) and Great Britain finished 19th (2 medals). The poms performance in the Ashes cricket last month was bad enough, but for the Aussies to beat them in the Winter Olympics is just a total embarrasment .
    Oz has more km of downhill ski runs than the UK does...
    HK_Katherine likes this.

NZ has bragging rights over both Australia and UK - its performance was phenomenal.

I reckon the Aussies performed somewhat below expectations.

The Philippines had one entrant, slalom and giant slalom, which required a team to be with him. DNF in both events.

Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    NZ has bragging rights over both Australia and UK - its performance was phenomenal.

To be honest, I had zero expectations for our performance in this, Winter Olympics and all of them previously. The fact we won more medals than we have previously, I will admit is pretty cool considering our climate/geography, but I don't follow it, apart from what is mentioned on the nightly news here in Australia.

As far as New Zealand's performance, I'm really not surprised, considering it's a lot more 'wintery' than Australia is, which is fair enough.
    needgoodwine and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:

I normally disagee with most things American, and the way they do the medal rankings which is different from the rest of the world (giving higher priority to total number of medals rather than colour of medals) . But in this case, the American way puts the Aussies on top of the Kiwi's, so maybe for today I can embrace the American ideals.

Name:  Medals.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  33.5 KB
    needgoodwine and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10