Like Tree121Likes

Beijing 2022 - Winter Olympics News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    21 day quarantine hinted at for unvaccinated participants.

No word on the athletes needing booster shots within a certain time window before the games.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/3/181970/
    Also perfect for China, the other athletes won't be able to train for 3 weeks. Oh no too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Also perfect for China, the other athletes won't be able to train for 3 weeks. Oh no too bad!
    I wonder if it would make a huge difference though for China. China is not a winter Olympic sport power. Sure, it has won medals in skating, curling and so forth. But that pales in comparison to countries Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, US, Germany, etc.
    Kaosommadawn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Train? They stay in quarantine till the games are over.

I read today that factories 'near' Beijing must close for 6 weeks to ensure there is no visible pollution in China during the games.

Kaosommadawn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I read today that factories 'near' Beijing must close for 6 weeks to ensure there is no visible pollution in China during the games.
    there is no pollution in China, there is no Covid cases either. It is all coming from the West!

Biden might have an announcement shortly...

The Biden administration is expected to announce this week that no US government officials will attend the 2022 Beijing Olympics, implementing a diplomatic boycott of the games, according to several sources.

The move would allow the US to send a message on the world stage to China without preventing US athletes from competing. The National Security Council, which has been privately discussing the boycott, declined to comment.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/05/p...ott/index.html

Omicron arrived just in time for the Winter Olympics, pretty sure China is wetting its collective pants over the thought of all the covid that can come in and just how Sinovac can hold off community infection.

Of course, there will be NO official community infection, anywhere, in China...ever.

BCD, blandy62 and Kaosommadawn like this.

I saw some footage of these guys practicing. Half looked a bit old. I think they'd lose 20-0 if they play against Jamaica and would likely be carried off the rink in stretchers if they play Russia, Canada or the US. In other words, where they're "really from" is a cover story to let them save face.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast