Like Tree121Likes

Beijing 2022 - Winter Olympics News

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Surprising that the 'security guard' is not wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Cry me a river... now the international community can get a taste of life in China since 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Surprising that the 'security guard' is not wearing a mask.
    I've often had online meetings with people in China, who are in a common office or something, and there's no mask. The arrogance drives me mad...
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Winter Olympians complaining about the cold weather

https://www.news.com.au/sport/winter...64b520f4e46c8f

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    LOL

Then they deserve all the shit they’re gonna get

Why the hate? Most olympic athletes are not elite and can’t afford to pick and choose where to compete.
    They are not superstar footballers and live on modest police or army salary.
    Throughout their short career, they only have a handful of occasions to show their talent and hard work, two maybe three olympic games. Of course they wouldn’t say no to the Olympics because of political or covid policies.
    Plus they all witnessed, like us, how somehow it all worked out smoothly in Tokyo, against all odds.

The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance of China’s ways... but that’s something they have in common with most of the world out there.
    I am sorry they have to go through all that. But I ‘m happy their shared experience will help shed light on how life really works up north, educating a little the rest of the world.
    Their candid foreigners reactions could actually help turn these Olympics into a huge diplomatic flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance of China’s ways... but that’s something they have in common with most of the world out there.
    This

They should have prepared by reading up beforehand

Why the hate? After the past 2 years I have a lot of hate and contempt....!

You are a better person than me for sure
    Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Why the hate? After the past 2 years I have a lot of hate and contempt....!
    I hear you!
    Cheeky Kiwi and AsianXpat0 like this.

Not sure what is happening but the Canadian women's ice hockey team came out for the warm out, went back into the locker room but have not come back out.

No one knows what is happening. The opponents are ROC (Russia). Officially the game is delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not sure what is happening but the Canadian women's ice hockey team came out for the warm out, went back into the locker room but have not come back out.

No one knows what is happening. The opponents are ROC (Russia). Officially the game is delayed.
    No reason was given for the delay but Canadian media reported the ROC had not provided Canada with COVID-19 test results.

Six members of the ROC squad had been placed in isolation last week after testing positive for the virus.
    https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ld-2022-02-07/

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

Incidentally, I do a double-take every time I see ROC and think Taiwan is doing remarkably well for such a small country...
    greenmark, hullexile, shri and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Incidentally, I do a double-take every time I see ROC and think Taiwan is doing remarkably well for such a small country...
    Same.

As to the delay, which was very long, when I turned back on the match had been going 5 minutes and I still have no idea what happened.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast