Like Tree33Likes

Chinese People Think China Is Popular Overseas...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrov:
    Surely, this number won't be as big as the number of people killed by Brits, French, Americans, Belgians and other colonial powers ...
    Maybe, just maybe, get yourself educated first before posting. This is a reasonable list of the various inflicted deaths by war, genocide and other state induced killings. Have a look at the number of times China (and other glorious communist regimes) appears in this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_death_toll
    jimbo_jones likes this.

I do want to raise an interesting point I've noticed from Americans: they seem to now start to feel inferior to China in many ways. From podcasts to conversations I have to social media, I see and hear a lot of things like, "While we are deciding what gender to put on a bathroom door, China is developing 5G and 6G and going to space," and "While we take a knee during the national anthem and argue about the critical race theory, China is banning video games and getting its kids healthier and in better shape and more focused for the real world."

It's pretty interesting to see. I can sum it up as: a lot of people see China as being "no BS"; no political pandering, no Justin Trudeau-type grandstanding equalism (we say peoplekind, not mankind), just progress.

Philips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    I do want to raise an interesting point I've noticed from Americans: they seem to now start to feel inferior to China in many ways. From podcasts to conversations I have to social media, I see and hear a lot of things like, "While we are deciding what gender to put on a bathroom door, China is developing 5G and 6G and going to space," and "While we take a knee during the national anthem and argue about the critical race theory, China is banning video games and getting its kids healthier and in better shape and more focused for the real world."

It's pretty interesting to see. I can sum it up as: a lot of people see China as being "no BS"; no political pandering, no Justin Trudeau-type grandstanding equalism (we say peoplekind, not mankind), just progress.
    I would say this is indeed more interesting and worthy of its own separate incendiary discussion.

On the present topic, I would say that hopefully any collision of world views due to separate experiences and exposures could be gently managed, but any generalisations are probably over-simplistic to begin with.

I can relate to that , the Maglev train has been developed in Germany but only realized in China.
    Or take the new Berlin airport, I think it tooo a decade to have it operational.
    So this is where the marvel comes from , but LaoWhy? Know less about the problems that exist

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I don't know any Chinese people who have killed millions. Nor has the beautiful scenery killed millions. So when you say "China" what do you actually mean?

That sort of thinking leads to the Asian hate killings where anyone who looks a bit Chinese can be killed on the street or refuse to sit next to them on a plane.
    I think he is referring to Mao's regime and the cult of personality, his followers, henchmen and red guards...

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I don't care about the people, most people just wanna live a simple life. It's just the sociopaths who made it to the top in politics who are dangerous. It doesn't matter which country they always have some dirty shit they did in the past to get there.
    As Balzac was quoted, Behind every great fortune there is a crime. More so in today's world of tolerated profit before people and environmental connivance.
    Plutark and blandy62 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    ehh what about the guy and his followers that ruled China after 1949? Who caused the cultural revolution, great famine etc. A quote from wikipedia:

Nothing to do with asian hate killings.
    I didn't know him

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I think he is referring to Mao's regime and the cult of personality, his followers, henchmen and red guards...
    Which was evil, but I don't blame China for that in the same way I don't blame Russia for Stalin's purges or Germany for Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Nothing to do with asian hate killings.
    It is short easy steps from "We hate China" to "We hate the Chinese" to killing anyone who.looks a bit Chinese.
    kittykaitak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    With regards to tourists - people will be people. For every annoying and rude Chinese tourist I could probably show you an equally annoying and rude American, European, Indian etc. There are probably just a handful of countries that really, generally have exceptionally well behaved tourists (Taiwan, Japan).
    Precisely this !

I think we can single us Brits out from the Europeans (and not for Brexit!), especially in the Mediterranean tourist stakes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast