Like Tree135Likes

Peng Shuai

Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    i don't get why the Chinese authorities would think that issuing such a letter is helping their cause...
    Because it works inside China and they have no idea what works outside China.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    So even if what you claim is true based on the evidence of nothing, it's perfectly OK for the party state to disappear her, and write fake messages she is "resting"?
    I thought it was sarcasm.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I thought it was sarcasm.
    I certainly hope so.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    7,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    it's perfectly OK for the party state to disappear her, and write fake messages she is "resting"?
    The Peoples Republic Of China Communist Party spoke person replied to your question.

    YES!!!!!

    ps. We dont care what you / tom / dick and his mate harry thinks or has to say about what we do internally in China, this is an internal matter LOL

    ====================================

    Havent you heard the above statement sort of being used by the party spoke person during most news briefing to the world. sort of like, what happens to Peng /Jack Ma / Interpol Chief / Movie stars etc is none of your outside worlds concern AIYA!!!

    down with the communist party. FREE TIBET!!!!

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...e-now/10676016

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    So even if what you claim is true based on the evidence of nothing, it's perfectly OK for the party state to disappear her, and write fake messages she is "resting"?
    The alleged assault and Peng's disappearance are two difference issue. Of course I disagree with heavy handed CCP censorship.

    However, many media outlets (including the OP) say that Peng accused Zhang of sexual assault. This is simply not true. In fact, Peng wanted to pursue a long term relationship with Zhang.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    7,258

    oh here we go


  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I thought it was sarcasm.
    Alas.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4,504
    However, many media outlets (including the OP) say that Peng accused Zhang of sexual assault. This is simply not true. In fact, Peng wanted to pursue a long term relationship with Zhang.
    My memory of the original allegations is somewhat hazy, but I roughly recall them to be along the lines of sexual assault followed subsequently by a consensual relationship. The motivation for disclosure may colour the disclosure itself, that’s unavoidable, but the allegation itself remains.
    Gatts and Jillypots like this.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    In fact, Peng wanted to pursue a long term relationship with Zhang.
    Interesting, were you in the bedroom with them?
    Gatts likes this.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    The alleged assault and Peng's disappearance are two difference issue. Of course I disagree with heavy handed CCP censorship.

    However, many media outlets (including the OP) say that Peng accused Zhang of sexual assault. This is simply not true. In fact, Peng wanted to pursue a long term relationship with Zhang.
    Naturally girls in their 20th appreciate the experience of 70 year old man. Right.
    Jillypots likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast