Like Tree22Likes

China's report on US Democracy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Would be interesting to read this, if somebody can find full English version of it..
    I think I found a version on theonion.com

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    I think I found a version on theonion.com
    https://www.theonion.com/most-insidi...vot-1848077171
    shri likes this.

This post: https://geoexpat.com/forum/84/thread...ml#post3837231

Reminded me of this section..

(3) The abuse of sanctions breaches international rules

Unilateral sanction is a “big stick” the US wields in dealing with other countries. Over many years, the US has exercised its financial hegemony and abused its technological clout to carry out frequent, unilateral bullying against other countries.
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...7163433e49207e

Okay so speed reading through points and lost interest half-way, looks like bunch of amateur teenagers had been assigned research project to go through US media/books/articles in last 100 yrs and list out anything against US and its system and randomly pack it into paragraphs while conveniently forgetting how this paper was made possible in the first place, nothing original and very childish coming from ministry level doc full of copy/paste/para quotes (Not even a first copy Rolex)..

FrancisX likes this.

Classic China defection whataboutery. Previously seen: everywhere, including SCMP comments.

When I first went to China a long time ago I had to go to the consulate for my visa and was given a document outlining the US's many human rights problems. It was nothing I had not considered but my main takeaway was that it was saying "Look, we've got huge human rights problems, but the US has a few of its own", which I always thought was a weird starting point for the defence.

ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Classic China defection whataboutery. Previously seen: everywhere, including SCMP comments.

When I first went to China a long time ago I had to go to the consulate for my visa and was given a document outlining the US's many human rights problems. It was nothing I had not considered but my main takeaway was that it was saying "Look, we've got huge human rights problems, but the US has a few of its own", which I always thought was a weird starting point for the defence.
    It is the starting point and ending point. 40 years ago as a commie we were fed the same stuff. "What about human rights in the west? The right to somewhere to live, the right to a job, the right to food."

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There is a bullet point list at the beginning.

Moatly valid criticisms but I think a little self-reflection is needed.

Freedom of speech in name only
    Rule by a minority elite
    Electoral rules impair fairness.......

All of these and others are not present in China to an even greater degree?
    You did not get the point, there is an old saying "A duck must not despise goose Rocking from side to side when walk "
    We're not talking about politics. If someone bullies you for a good but virtual and ridiculous reason, do you fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by joody:
    You did not get the point, there is an old saying "A duck must not despise goose Rocking from side to side when walk "
    We're not talking about politics. If someone bullies you for a good but virtual and ridiculous reason, do you fight back?
    I assume that is an old Chinese saying? Not sure what the rest of the post means but congratulations on your first post and 50 cents.
    emx and Flapster like this.

"To put it simply, the Chinese 'democracy' is under the dictatorship of the Communist Party," said Cabestan at Hong Kong Baptist University.

"So if you're obedient to the party, if you accept the dictatorship of the party, you can participate in political life. If not, you're excluded."

In its white paper, the Chinese government argues that "whether a country is democratic should be judged by its people, not dictated by a handful of outsiders." But even within China, there are signs many are not convinced by the official narrative.

On Weibo, China's heavily-censored version of Twitter, a post by party mouthpiece People's Daily on the foreign ministry's attack on American democracy was flooded with sarcastic comments before censorship kicked in.

"Who has ever elected a representative to the People's Congress? Who has ever cast a vote?" said one of the top comments. "I'm not even an 'extra' in the performance," said another.

These remarks were later removed. Out of more than 2,700 comments, only a dozen were allowed to be shown -- all critical of democracy in the US.

Another post by state news agency Xinhua on China's "whole-process people's democracy" has completely disabled its comment section.

A user shared the post, commenting: "(China is) so democratic that it doesn't need the comment section anymore."
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/08/c...hnk/index.html
    ReleaseZeKraken and Baklava like this.

Democratic People's Republic of China or DPRC

sounds kinda familiar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3