Like Tree34Likes

China: Omicron From Mail ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

China: Omicron From Mail ...

But Robin Brant, the BBC's China correspondent, tweeted on Monday that Beijing was telling residents not to order goods from abroad, and to open packages outside with gloves and a mask on.

The South China Morning Post also reported on Monday that Beijing's center for disease control and prevention said that people should order as little as possible from abroad, and that people should wear gloves and masks when opening any mail from high-risk countries.
    Note to TaoBao addicts - I guess the same can be said for goods arriving from China, since they have Omicron there ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...ve-post-2022-1
    Rob2020 likes this.

that people should wear gloves and masks when opening any mail from high-risk countries.
    CDC is not thorough, should add 'People should wear Hazmat suit, tinfoil hat and welding glasses before opening foreign evil mails/items, also order everything from Taobao to increase local consumption and serve motherland'

Great narrative

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    CDC is not thorough, should add 'People should wear Hazmat suit, tinfoil hat and welding glasses before opening foreign evil mails/items, also order everything from Taobao to increase local consumption and serve motherland'
    Give it a few days...

For a while, the forwarder we use (buyup) had been slapping "sterilized" stickers on stuff coming in.. That seemed to stop a few months ago...

Healthy-security theatre? who knows
    Will it come back? who knows

What I do know is I have been spraying copious amounts of dettol over anything coming in from taobao... useful? who knows...

What I do know is I have been spraying copious amounts of dettol over anything coming in from taobao... useful? who knows...
    Hopefully you don't order dettol from Taobao and run out before your next shipment!
    Rob2020, qhank and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    For a while, the forwarder we use (buyup) had been slapping "sterilized" stickers on stuff coming in.. That seemed to stop a few months ago...

Healthy-security theatre? who knows
    Will it come back? who knows

Sterilised stickers are a beautiful way to take the piss out of paranoid fools, wish I’d thought of it.

But spraying dettol is definitely a useful way to increase the risk of respiratory problems and cancers In the longer term.

Funnily enough inhaling disenfectants is not a challenge our systems have evolved to deal well with….. yet.
    Rob2020, hike and Insomnia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Sterilised stickers are a beautiful way to take the piss out of paranoid fools, wish I’d thought of it.
    I am sure you can find t-shirts that say "Sterilised" on Amazon ... might send the wrong signals unfortunately.
    hullexile, hike and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am sure you can find t-shirts that say "Sterilised" on Amazon ... might send the wrong signals unfortunately.
    I've already got the clipart
    Name:  sterilised.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  5.8 KB

if they can't find the source of infections here in the middle kingdom, they blame the package! just like what happened in SZ since the first omicron case did not have any travel history.

How likely is it that packages can actually infect?

flameproof likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast