Like Tree35Likes

Omicron explosion in China - a calculated prediction

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omicron explosion in China - a calculated prediction

I am going to make a prediction here, adding two and two together:

Hong Kong is two months ahead of China. Within two months China is going to have an Omicron explosion that will test the country to its limits. With two possible outcomes: Either the Regime considers it a vital threat to its survival (as people would be unhappy that the zero Covid deal doesn’t stack up) and clamps down super hard with brutal lockdowns that will cripple the economy, or they see light and move into a living with Covid scenario.

My prediction is that they will try the first for 2-3 Months before hopefully moving into the latter.

Hong Kong will be a complete disaster in the meantime and collateral damage in the bigger story

Sage, Hkemail888 and dossier like this.

There is a certain inevitability about it. The only question is how harsh they will be to slow it down. We will see the end game play out which can only be good by October 1st.

hullexile, hongkong7 and blandy62 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    There is a certain inevitability about it. The only question is how harsh they will be to slow it down. We will see the end game play out which can only be good by October 1st.
    And how long they try to cover it up

at the moment they are really getting strict on the use of the health OR codes here specially in the Metro. although I already have a green code in my "siu kang" they still insist to scan their QR code which i told them I cant use since it's for chinese only. had to call the supervisor to sort it out, sheesh!

& still they scrutinize your code making sure of the time stamp & it's not just a screen shot lol
    Shenzeners needs a 48hour negative test to come to DGN or GZ

hullexile and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Hong Kong will be a complete disaster in the meantime and collateral damage in the bigger story
    Interesting prediction, do you think HK for the first time then will have actual food supply problems perhaps?

Lots of what's going on in China is not in the news. Just wanted to have something shipped from Ningbo and seems there is some type of lockdown there with some port of closings..
    @mengfei
    You are in China, right? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Lots of what's going on in China is not in the news. Just wanted to have something shipped from Ningbo and seems there is some type of lockdown there with some port of closings..
    @mengfei
    You are in China, right? Interesting.
    Yes Sir
    now overseas package don't go directly to your home here in the middle kingdom
    you have to pick it up after it has been blasted with Gamma & UV rays if YKWIM lol
    even for local package there are Industrial Strength alcohol at the gates

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    Yes Sir
    now overseas package don't go directly to your home here in the middle kingdom
    you have to pick it up after it has been blasted with Gamma & UV rays if YKWIM lol
    even for local package there are Industrial Strength alcohol at the gates
    What else do you know that you can share with us about cases in China? Cities affected, grapevine rumours about numbers of cases, anecdotal reports of lockdowns etc?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    I am going to make a prediction here, adding two and two together:

Hong Kong is two months ahead of China. Within two months China is going to have an Omicron explosion that will test the country to its limits. With two possible outcomes: Either the Regime considers it a vital threat to its survival (as people would be unhappy that the zero Covid deal doesn’t stack up) and clamps down super hard with brutal lockdowns that will cripple the economy, or they see light and move into a living with Covid scenario.

My prediction is that they will try the first for 2-3 Months before hopefully moving into the latter.

Two cases in my old apartment in sz last night according to the wife . Had lock down and test : it's out there for sure
    Sage, AsianXpat0 and blandy62 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    What else do you know that you can share with us about cases in China? Cities affected, grapevine rumours about numbers of cases, anecdotal reports of lockdowns etc?
    AFAIK that's confidential
    if you have wechat & subscribe to Neotube, geoexpat(cn), GICexpat etc., from there you can get "most" of the middle kingdom news.

here's a preview
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzU...Zr&wx_header=3

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast